Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: i Manifold

Post Likes
    IMHO, The old imperial analogs are one of the best ever made.

2. Likes vin lashon, jobrzut1 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by skooba View Post
    Why not make a stripped down version for everyday then. There is a huge hole in the market since Digicools are no longer being made. A manifold that would be as durable and robust as the Digicools with less frills than the imanifold at a good price point.
    The DigiCools do leave a big hole. The closest to the DC I have experience with is the sman4x series (keeping in shop incase my AK940 goes out). Decent gauge, but a bit bulky and heavy. Gives all the information on one screen. I don't, however, recommend the 4x series (wireless) as the wireless aspect of the FP tools is worthless. The sman 340 could compare, though (although durability may be less). At around $370 with clamps, the price point is about the same as DC.

4. Likes jobrzut1 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    That's not likely to be practical. The iManifold system is a specialized "tool" and has too many functions and provides too much data to display on a gauge display. If you're on a job where all you need is the basic info, there's no point in bringing out the iManifold...just use your DigiCools or other digital manifold. Why drive up the cost and put additional "every day, every job" wear and tear on your expensive iManifold?
    So do you tell your customers which systems aren't important enough to gather all pertinent information to completely diagnose it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    So do you tell your customers which systems aren't important enough to gather all pertinent information to completely diagnose it.
    You use all of your iManifold system (all probes, manometer, etc) on every single job you go on (I'm assuming so based on the tone of your question)??

Post Likes
    Yeah unless it is just to do a standing pressure test just to see how much pressure is available for a leak test.

Post Likes
    Are you talking about the crappie joblink?

Post Likes
    The i Manifold and i Connect systems give a technician tons of data about the system they are being used on, both the refrigerant side and the air side. There are so many systems out there (on the residential side) that are operating, but not well. It is hard to catch everything. These tools help catch a lot of the small things (especially on the air side) that can make a big difference overall. I am not here to preach, every tech has their own way of doing their job with their preferred tools and methods. We are creatures of habit. In my opinion, the more info you can get on a system, the better prepared you will be to service it - especially the higher efficiency units. My .02.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Yeah unless it is just to do a standing pressure test just to see how much pressure is available for a leak test.
    As Jason said, each tech has his own methods. I don't see anything wrong for those using it on all calls and start ups. I use the iManifold system for in-depth diagnostics/analysis and have designed special reports to interpret the results for the customer. I charge more for these services. Not all are willing to pay to go the extra mile.

Some clients just have a clogged drain and want it blown out and a quick check on the system. In such cases, the DC's give me more than enough information to determine proper system operation (probably more than most techs in this region are even aware is available).

11. Likes ndfrozen liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Are you talking about the crappie joblink?
    Yes. I spent more time trying to get it all to work properly (if that's even possible) than I did diagnosing the system. The JL2 now sits in a file cabinet in my office. I don't anticipate that it will ever see the outside of that cabinet again. The sman and the SPD2 are good stand alone instruments, but can't compete with iManifold on any level.

13. Likes jobrzut1 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Tech support leaves much to be desired. I wonder if i can unload mine on flea bay. Love my Sman 460 though.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Tech support leaves much to be desired. I wonder if i can unload mine on flea bay. Love my Sman 460 though.
    Unload your joblink? Maybe.

My only issue with my sman 460 is its bulk. If I had to buy another digital gauge with display today, it would probably be the 340 (unless DC came back). Not that it's less bulky, but I don't need the micron gauge or vac port. Save a chunk of change too.

Post Likes
    Used the manifold for vacuum today along with my blue vachonelec@midmaine.com. They were pretty close.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Some times I've noticed was two long range repeaters two air probes on the far end inside to reach in coolers ten feet apart with the repeater in the middle on the outside counter top. Second repeater in a basement kitchen below the 1st floor coolers. iConnect in a mechanical room 30' from the second repeater. Would loose the air probes but never lost the repeaters. Would connect to the air probes if the iConnect was in range of the probes.

Another time two long range repeaters at the top and bottom of a staircase at least 5 floors can't remember now. Walk in freezer with low pressure probe t1 and t2 connected. On the roof low and high pressure probes. Can't remember how many temp probes plugged in but there were temp probes plugged in. Never lost connection with the long range repeaters but could only get the pressure probes on the first floor when the iConnect was in range of that probe and same with the roof. Could only get the roof probes when in range with the iConnect.

Another time was a walk in freezer in a store room 1 low pressure with t1 and t2 connected and two air probes inside the freezer. A long range repeater on the outside of the box. Second repeater in a mechanical room where a low pressure with t1 and t2 connected and a high pressure with t1 connected. Never lost connection with the long range repeaters. Could only keep the probes on either end when it iConnect was in range.

These were all started up together then set in place. Initially everything is connected but loose connections that don't come back on the far end of the system when the iConnect is not in range of the far probes.

I can't remember one time I tried these long range repeaters and have them work with my wireless probes but the long range probes never loose connection to my iConnect.

Been thinking of getting something set up in a open field and maybe getting a better idea of what's going on cause this is not working for me.
    Are you still having probe problems? If so I would like you to call tech support at 716-699-2031. Thanks iceman.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast