Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    I found a bag of weed. it was right there, in the back of the ladies underwear drawer, under a bra, in the chest of drawers in the back bedroom in the closet in the new addition on the 3rd floor.
    what did you do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    I found a bag of weed. it was right there, in the back of the ladies underwear drawer, under a bra, in the chest of drawers in the back bedroom in the closet in the new addition on the 3rd floor.
    So did you smoke the weed, or try on the bra?
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

under a boiler 14" round by 4" tin with brand new silver nickels ,dimes quarters in mint condition from 1900-1920
    PA#9377
    Your Satisfaction...Our Goal.

Quote Originally Posted by baub View Post
    Now why would you go and limit him to only one thing. Most of us pride ourselves on multi-tasking.
    Last edited by cg-vet; 01-29-2010 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Can't type after getting into the Early Times.

This doesn't have anything to do with HVAC but with my old job we got a contract to help rebuild old trams and metro locos on the Moscow Metro. We'd spend time in Moscow at the Ismailovo yards. One day when there wasn't anything to do I was going through some old trams way back in the yards that had been sitting there for god knows how long. Some of the stock had the city name Smolensk on the sides and even had bullet holes in them. Anyway I was poking around in a motor box and found a 1933 1 ruble coin with Lenins head on one side, hammer and sickle on the other. In almost mint condition. I also found hand made wrenches and pump pliers. The guys there told us that in the Glorious Soviet Union back then you had to make a lot of your tools from scrap. While it isn't necessary today a lot of the guys there do just for fun.

Although it took about 3 weeks,I traded a guy in Italy who's into war stuff,a paratroopers helmet that was refurbished for an olive drab beer can that was made for the troops and sent overseas.He was amazed to learn his can was worth 250.00,and this helmet he wanted was on ebay.Trouble was...the seller would NOT ship overseas.I bought it,reshipped it and got a new can for my shelf.

I think he was expecting ten or twenty bucks for it.

One man's trash...my treasure!

Quote Originally Posted by meBNme View Post
    WOW!! isn't it amazing what you just happen to stumble accross on an innocent days work!!??

you were ah....... trying to find a screw that fell out of your meter when you were checking the delta T from the supply vent in the closet right???

Dang, where DID that thing go anyways? ooohhh!! ....lacy...silky!

found it!
    Yeah, it was there by the screw.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Thanks to Jerry out in Maine-he got 100 bucks for an old Dawson's beer can and I have a new example in my man cave!

Figured we could use a "Summer bump" to see if anyone has unearthed any old cans...

just an old Shlitz steel can with church key openings in it, with it was a very old pork n beans and a deviled ham so old the devil was a scary dude! Ill try to google it.

this one...

My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

found a can of 'HEET' in a boiler room. Still sealed, but not full. No rust, minor dent.
    Similar to the can on the right.
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3629/...7a068130bb.jpg
    \m/
    original member of the racoon brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by baub View Post
    Yes,

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    what did you do with it?
    Since I am certified by the EPA to dispose of dangerous chemicals, I did just that..........then I bought a bag of Chips Ahoy.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast