Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    You guys have all the luck,all I have ever found was a claw hammer and two empty boone farms wine bottles.

About 2 " of twenty dollar bills.

Pulled out an old furnace and between it and the wall was this stack of twentys. It had a layer of dust on topand I was a bit dumb founded to say the least. Looked the money over only to realize that the serial numbers were all the same. So I put it back and finished the job. When it came time to collect the home owner asked if a check was okay, I said that would be prefered and that I was concerned that you were going to try and pay me with twentys. He says what do you mean? So I refered to the stack of money that I had found and he went as white as a sheet. [ And he was philipino] He said that he had bought the money years ago but was to scared to spend any of it. He then tried to burn it with a match but it was a slow go, so I got out my B tank and that did the job.

Thought I'd give a bumperino to refresh this? Anyone uncover any old goodies lately? Paid a guy 200 for a quart can with the funnel type top two weeks ago-he was in the building demolition trade.

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    I found box with $50,000 in $100 bills, a key to safety deposit box, and a 25 caliber pistol in a secret compartment in a mafia guys house in South Philly. I made sure he knew I found it just in case some other sub found it and decided to walk off with it. The secret compartment was inside an old expansion tank above the boiler we replaced.

The guy had an extension welded on the tank, it was just a sleeve open on the end which was about 8 inches from the wall. I was being a nice guy in removing the old tank, even though he said it was no big deal to leave it up there.

Another time I found a lighter from inscribed Vienna 1943, a loaded clip from an M1 grand, and what I later determined to be 14 hour time delay fuses used by the OSS in WW2. I still have all of the above in my interesting junk collection, along with ancient beer bottles, whiskey bottles, keys, Model A head lights, etc.

My home shop is so stuffed with crap, I have made it just about impossible to move around in. I did sell a bunch of stuff on Ebay a few years back including a Budweiser gold beer can opened from the bottom for $100. Oh yes, some guy bought a old D cell battery I can't remember what kind it was for $30.

Btw, this is just the tip of the mess, those cabinets are mostly filled with more junk, in one is a stack of Farmers Home Journals from the 1800's to early 1900's most in perfect condition.
    Many still include the Sambo jokes that were so popular back then.
    Oh, and tobacco tins, the old timers smoked and drank their whiskey on the job that is for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Hammer

Was demoing some old duct work when I heard something fall in the duct I stepped out of the way just in time. An old tin knocker hammer fell out. Not the kind used on duct work. it was for fine auto body work. The duct work was put up in the mid 50's. It now hangs on the wall in my office.

Quote Originally Posted by AtticAce View Post
    I found box with $50,000 in $100 bills, a key to safety deposit box, and a 25 caliber pistol in a secret compartment in a mafia guys house in South Philly. I made sure he knew I found it just in case some other sub found it and decided to walk off with it. The secret compartment was inside an old expansion tank above the boiler we replaced.

The guy had an extension welded on the tank, it was just a sleeve open on the end which was about 8 inches from the wall. I was being a nice guy in removing the old tank, even though he said it was no big deal to leave it up there.

Another time I found a lighter from inscribed Vienna 1943, a loaded clip from an M1 grand, and what I later determined to be 14 hour time delay fuses used by the OSS in WW2. I still have all of the above in my interesting junk collection, along with ancient beer bottles, whiskey bottles, keys, Model A head lights, etc.

My home shop is so stuffed with crap, I have made it just about impossible to move around in. I did sell a bunch of stuff on Ebay a few years back including a Budweiser gold beer can opened from the bottom for $100. Oh yes, some guy bought a old D cell battery I can't remember what kind it was for $30.

Btw, this is just the tip of the mess, those cabinets are mostly filled with more junk, in one is a stack of Farmers Home Journals from the 1800's to early 1900's most in perfect condition.
    Many still include the Sambo jokes that were so popular back then.
    Oh, and tobacco tins, the old timers smoked and drank their whiskey on the job that is for sure.

That's some cool stuff ...

And your girl friend is hot ... is she a model ...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Wow...thanks a lot for posting those pics! Check the Schlitz can for the wording "Withdrawn free of Internal Revenue tax for Exportation" Those are military issue and that wording doubles the value.I bet your Bud can had "opening instructions" on the back.It showed people that were used to drinking from the bottle how to open their can.

in my own house, I found an old pre schrade pocket knife, and a hanging fire alarm... the kind built like a boat horn or sports event horn... with a fusable link discharge... really cool.
    also found an old soda bottle... not sure of the brand... golden cola or something... still have the bottle... found it between floors of a mortuary...
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...
    The three big summer hearththrobs...
    Mel Gibson
    Dwane Johnson
    The A/C repairman

snake skin and mouse traps

Alot of the equipment were service on the job is junk. Does that count

2 kittens...a couple days old, rolled out of the end of a line of old flex I was replacing, still had their eyes closed. Found their siblings a few feet away, they didn't make it. Took them home and fed them with a syringe. Little boogers lived to be 16.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

I found a Micheal Jordan rookie card in a return duct when we where ripping out a old octopus warm air system. But the home owner was standing right there and claimed that it was his.....

Cool finds-and the kittens? Wow...that would have scared the outta' me.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast