Junk you've found on a job.... - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Smile

Hey pjhoo8....

any progress on your cans?

Yea, I looked through them. I'd have to send you pics. I'll send em to your website when I do. I got one can I cant find anything about. Its called Black Pride and was brewed in Westbend WI.Any ideas?

Money Bag

I once found the "Money Bag" on the roof of a Pizza Hut, the store was "held
    up" the night before. Gave it back to store manager and he called the police.
    Got a free pizza for lunch that day.

Black Pride (a beer thats as proud as its people) was made for the afro-american market in a last ditch effort (but they made a LOT of cans,so it isn't rare) to gain market share for the West Bend brewery before they folded.Its a buck or two at best...

This isn't beer related but..

I once found an old hefty bag full of spoons and needles in a crawlspace, lucky I wasn't stuck with any of them huh??

Just happened this was the house of Jimi Hendrix's aunt. Wonder how many of those needles and or spoons were affiliated with Jimi himself. This house was in the old Montlake neighborhood of Seattle.

I talked to the general contractor and he had actually talked to one of Jimi's relatives who was handling the estate. Never got a clear answer on who that was, but he said this person stated that Jimi and his buddies grew up partying at this house.....pretty cool I think.

Beer-related, I have found some miscellaneous older bottles and stuff but never took them as they were usually broken.

Found a "Old Crown" once gave it to a Buddy from Ft Wayne IN
    If you help others then you are a Success

I used to keep a gallon jar on the dresser that housed all of my gravity furnace tear out finds. Marbles, metal army men, metal cars, trinkets and few indian head pennies. I usally gave the money to the homeowner though. Sold a couple marbles for 20.00 and gave the rest to the kids. Still have a marble on my dash that is about 1.5" diameter and made of blue and white marble stone. Haven't had it appraised by the local marble collector though.
    Some people know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

Wow...cool stories.Hypodermic needles??...wow,I suppose you could have paid for the DNA test and put them in a rock and roll auction.Who knows,on ebay they could have gone to an obscure collector in Japan that completes his collection.

"Yeah,I have Cobain,Scott Weiland,etc and just needed the Hendrix!"

pjh008

any progress on documenting your beer cans? Just checking in...

I just found a Pepsi can from 1976 in a field near the yard.

Just walking around, letting some PB Blaster soak in an old, iron railing. Went out in the field for a bit and saw an old can with a pull-top sitting under some trees. I was curious and grabbed (as I had the time).

No joke, it had an eagle on there and 200 Years of Freedom! on the side.

There is some offer on there that expired on 9/30/1976! (still legible)

This thing must have been there for over 30 years! Not faded due to the shade from the bushes.

I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

Stuff found

I found an intact Duffy Malt Whisky bottle with a date of August 26th, 1886 on the bottom in a foundation of a condo project in the Sunset district of San Francisco, boxes of screws & nails, a couple of tubes of Silver solder (the good old-school stuff) a hand gun (broken thankfully), a load of spent and unspent 38 special ammo, and a true to life 8” stiletto which I kept in my tool pouch for many years as a duct knife/conversation piece…it now resides in an attic somewhere in Southern California waiting to be rediscovered sometime in the future!

Crispy Crinkle...you guys find all the cool stuff. Me? I find the skeletal remains of ill fated mammals and the occasional angry serpentine reptilian occupant and/or its many arachnoid bunkmates.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

I found a case of absinthe from when it was still legal in the basement attic (crawl space) above a board celing. Only one bottle had been opened, kept the open bottle and one other, sold the other 10 to a specialty liquor store. I also found two rifles, one of which was a Sharps, (like in the movie Quigley) and a couple of unidentifiable pistols in the floorboards of a church rectory. The church sold these and made enough to pay for extensive renovations.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast