Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    fitzgeralds lager beer 12 oz can

I found 3 full budweiser bottles in a ditch once while repairing a water service. Boss stopped by and laughed. He had buried them there years ago when he installed the service and his boss showed up unexpectedly.

I found some old Algebra books in an attic. They were copywrited in 1893.

Another job I found 4 old Walt Disney kids books. The are about 4 x 3 inches and 2 inches thick, dated in the 1930's.
    I'll be there when I get there and not a minute later

One job I found a couple of old men's mystery magazines. One had an article and pics of Tina Louise pre-Gilligan's Isle. Too funny. Still have them around here someplace.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Quote Originally Posted by gruntly View Post
    One job I found a couple of old men's mystery magazines. One had an article and pics of Tina Louise pre-Gilligan's Isle. Too funny. Still have them around here someplace.

Look under your pillow ...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Skibme

Depending on condition (they are a white can with blue oval label?) they are 30-40 bucks each.If you'd rather have some beer MONEY than beer cans,I'll give them a "loving home"

Now thats another collection, all of the brass fire extinguishers, pressure gauges, thermostats [I have a working [not hooked up] "Honeywells first programmable" with a 7 jewel wind up clock on the wall below my Pristige HD touchscreen.

Oh, and yea, a boatload of those Red Comet carbon tet fire grenades.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Quote Originally Posted by BURL-REF View Post
    I found some old Algebra books in an attic. They were copywrited in 1893.

Another job I found 4 old Walt Disney kids books. The are about 4 x 3 inches and 2 inches thick, dated in the 1930's.

OK, get this, I have on my desk now an old trade mag.
    "The Plumbers and Heating Contractors Trade Journal" dated July 15, 1930 addressed to Harry F. Spotts. I was working in an old home and found a bunch of these in an attic. Great Grandad had used um to insulate the attic. Dont know why I only took one.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

[QUOTE=spotts;2402632]Now thats another collection, all of the brass fire extinguishers, pressure gauges, thermostats [I have a working [not hooked up] "Honeywells first programmable" with a 7 jewel wind up clock on the wall below my Pristige HD touchscreen.

Those are pretty cool looking units-made right here in tropical Minneapolis

I used to wind it up so I could watch it "Set back" but the mechanism would scare the **** outa my secretary when it went off. LOL!
    Walter Matthau

Fuel Oil Manual 1954

While replacing a FHA furnace in Ipswich, MA with a ultra modern gas unit a few years back, we found a book on the top of the plenum.

It's the "Fuel Oil Manual" by Paul Schmidt, copyright 1951 and looked like it had been there since then too... Under the title it reads: "For the oil user who wants to know about fuel oil selection, properties, handling, burning, troubles and remedies, together with working data for building heating, power generation and industrial processes".

I dusted it off, thumbed through it and left on the new furnace as a found treasure. A few weeks later it came in the mail with a note saying we left our installation manual there. I still have it as a desk reference, although I don't see myself working on any 1950 equipment or oil for that matter.

Perhaps Dan Holohan or some one else would like it for the archives... I fond a copy on Amazon for $31+, surely mine must be worth more since it has Ralph H. Wetmore, Ipswich, Ma written in it... Just kidding... it's free to a good home.

ive fond a pallet of empty coca cola bottles from the old quincy plant here.
    took it to flea market and got 200 bucks for 20 empty bottles!
    my buddy said i could have gotten 500.its like gold around here!

now all our guys are tring to find these bottles!

ive also seen a pair of old granny panties used as a hanging strap for a drain line!i wish i had a picture for that!when in a pinch right?

If any of your fellas want appraisals or dates on cans or bottles-email a pic to oldbeer at gmail.com.I'll tell you what I know!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast