ice-o-matic high temp safety control

model iceu300 will harvest one batch after being off for ,say, 10 minutes. The next harvest starts but the relay chatters, the harvest assist twitches like it wants to turn. If left to run the ice builds up and won,t harvest. I checked the high temp safety (but not during operation) and its closed but could it be weak and causing the relay to chatter?

If the high temp safety is bad, when you press the purge s3witch, the unit will not purge the water tray. You can jump the safety switch for troubleshooting reasons to eliminate it as a problem source.
    Doug

thanks, I will do that, can you tell me if these type switches can become weak and close/open rapidly. I,m trying to understand the chattering relay.

I haven't seen a weak overheat safety, just lots of failed ones. Kold-Draft tried these controls for about a year in the 80's then gave up. I wish the other manufacturers would drop its use. I routinely eliminate this control in Ice-O-Matics as the idiot design has the control knock out the harvest as opposed the whole machine to make troubleshooting a whole lot easier.

could the relay be chattering due to the curtain switch?

There's no curtain on this model, but I replaced the temp switch today and it did stop the chatter. After four dropped batches I replaced the relay too, just to be safe. I'm a brand new tech so thanks for the help and all the tips you guys give out in these threads.

Alot of times that high temp safety fails "half wave" if your getting 69v to ground or something close check that first. jbb

ice-o-matic high temp safety control

TheFind.com. Our discovery shopping engine lets you find products and compare prices from the most comprehensive set of stores online. Our goal is to help shoppers to quickly and easily find the best products for sale online, and to discover new styles, stores, and brands.we also priveded ice-o-matic high temp safety control.
    Although we make every effort to present accurate product information and pricing, TheFind.com is not responsible for inaccuracies. Pricing information is either provided by merchants or taken directly from the merchant's website. If you find any pricing discrepancies, or have other input on how we can improve your online shopping experience, please let us know.

Internet Gambling
    Last edited by gamblin; 01-31-2009 at 01:39 AM. Reason: signature

i replaced 2 of these relays on iceomatic's with serial numbers one right after the other.