Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

thanx for the opines

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCrash View Post
    Sorry but the damage isn't acceptable unless you don't really care. it's lazy ness to not protect stuff like that, and worse not to tell you it will be fixed, just my $.02...
    I'll be discussing it w/the co-owner when we seal the deal, next week

Quote Originally Posted by AvantGarde View Post
    Whisper quiet, luv it
    I also love my ASZ16. We couldn't afford the ASZ18 at the time. It has been absolutely fantastic and the efficiency numbers (especially HSPF) are better than the other major players.

It wasn't easy deciding

Quote Originally Posted by badtlc View Post
    I also love my ASZ16. We couldn't afford the ASZ18 at the time. It has been absolutely fantastic and the efficiency numbers (especially HSPF) are better than the other major players.
    wanted to use some outside TVA approved contractors (Cain) but alas to get a low interest loan I went w/a TVA contractor. I was going to get the ASZ-16 but the killer numbers on the 18 + it was just a few hundred dollars more gave me all the info I need to make the call.

How's your utility bills, esp in cooling mode?

I was not soo concerned with the location of the DIsconnect as I was with the Sealtite not being attached and it should be a bit longer.
    Would have looked a bit better and gave a little more room to work with.

Other than that...Looks good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AvantGarde View Post
    wanted to use some outside TVA approved contractors (Cain) but alas to get a low interest loan I went w/a TVA contractor. I was going to get the ASZ-16 but the killer numbers on the 18 + it was just a few hundred dollars more gave me all the info I need to make the call.

How's your utility bills, esp in cooling mode?
    Going from a builders grade Lennox 13 SEER HP to the ASZ16, I saw about a 20-25% energy usage drop. The difference increased with temperature. On days where it was 95+ outside, I was using almost 30% less than before.

Builder's Grade 10 SEER Lennox here

Quote Originally Posted by badtlc View Post
    Going from a builders grade Lennox 13 SEER HP to the ASZ16, I saw about a 20-25% energy usage drop. The difference increased with temperature. On days where it was 95+ outside, I was using almost 30% less than before.
    Summer's were brutal

I also love my ASZ16. We couldn't afford the ASZ18 at the time.
    Tha ASZ16 is more efficient at heating than the ASZ18. If you're in the TVA area, its actually a wash on operating costs between the two, if you're using resistence heating backup. Now if you're using dual fuel, the ASZ18 is a little cheaper to operate.

The 18 has a 9.5 HSPF

Quote Originally Posted by RogerMon View Post
    Tha ASZ16 is more efficient at heating than the ASZ18. If you're in the TVA area, its actually a wash on operating costs between the two, if you're using resistence heating backup. Now if you're using dual fuel, the ASZ18 is a little cheaper to operate.
    That's very good numbers. We're not using dual fuel b/c TVA loan terms forbid it, so we're all electric.

We do have gas log insert fireplace, to use when it really gets chilly

I would have added feet, too low to the ground.

Tell dude in picture that you can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

panama city beach (aka lower alabama or LA) FL
    as an installer i take offense to any one in this profression that has a lack of pride or professionalism in thier work. the install company should have offered to fix the damage to your satisfaction. other than that the out door unit looks good and unless you have to worry about flooding or snow you dont need legs under it............would have liked to see pics of the airhandler installation

make the contractor come back out to fix the damage he caused

Am I the only one to notice, he only has low side hose hooked up to unit to check the refrigerant charge?

Looks like the contracter couldn't pay his Trane bill.
    Why else would you advertise it on your truck and then slap in a Goodman.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast