Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,260

    Baxter Pizza Oven

    I have a new customer with a Baxter Pizza Oven It is the Revolving Tray Oven. I can't find the model number anywhere, but possibly a M800? Any way I have had no luck with trying to get any info from Hobart, their site is less than helpful, and even though I signed up for an account, the log in page will not load.

    Any way I need to know what all to lubricate, and what type of grease to use. Any help would be great.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelbaron View Post
    I have a new customer with a Baxter Pizza Oven It is the Revolving Tray Oven. I can't find the model number anywhere, but possibly a M800? Any way I have had no luck with trying to get any info from Hobart, their site is less than helpful, and even though I signed up for an account, the log in page will not load.

    Any way I need to know what all to lubricate, and what type of grease to use. Any help would be great.

    CALL the Baxter tech guys direct
    (800)280-2495

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,260
    Well the guys at Baxter won't even talk to me, and Hobart will not give me a service manual, or even a wiring diagram. Hobart has to be the most proprietary bunch in this industry. At least they will sell a guy parts, but they sure think highly of their parts!
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire England
    Posts
    405
    Any kind of molyslip based grease should be OK but it depends on the maximum temperature the oven is likely to get up to, and the duty rating factor of the bearing.

    In times gone by I've used copperslip but on a regular basis when I was employed in house and it gave me something to do. Follow the link and see if it helps.

    http://www.superior-industries.com/d...oduct_122.html
    Martyn

    50 & 60 hz but 100's worse

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,260
    Oh I have the lube, this is a diffrent issue with the same oven this time. Has a control problem, but I can't get a wiring diagram from those guys for it.
    I r the king of the world!...or at least I get to stand on the roof and look down on the rest of yall

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    76
    I agree on the Hobart company,they guard their info like it is some sort of holy grail.Yes the parts are robbery. I worked in house for a national chain and had alot of problems with their dish machines,and hobart would not give any support.I made a PLC conversion control for their dish machine because it was cheaper and at least I had a wiring diagram.Hobart needs to get off their high horse.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Location:Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,643
    Quote Originally Posted by totalcomfort View Post
    I agree on the Hobart company,they guard their info like it is some sort of holy grail.Yes the parts are robbery. I worked in house for a national chain and had alot of problems with their dish machines,and hobart would not give any support.I made a PLC conversion control for their dish machine because it was cheaper and at least I had a wiring diagram.Hobart needs to get off their high horse.
    I'd agree with you on that.
    If you help others then you are a Success

  8. #8

    Baxter Rotating Oven Control Problems

    I have a question regarding the baxter oven.. I have worked primarly on Hvac-r, no food equipment but now this company I work for took over a contract that has lots and lots of equipment..
    I work up north and do not have the access to the model and serial number right now but I thought id ask anyways.

    I was working on a baxter relolving oven with the trays, I believe it has 7 trays.

    Well what happens is in auto mode the oven sends power to the motor, and the racks revolve, and when it is switched over to manual it will not work and the DC motor is not getting enough voltage. I had a copy of the wiring diagram when i was working on the unit, and basically I cannot find where it is getting this dc voltage from in manual mode. It shows that is is getting power from the 120ac side and then some how turns to 90 dc for the motor, in auto mode it gets power from the board. I do see a diode on the line voltage side before the motor, could this be a rectifying diode to give it the dc power? We are able to have the unit running in auto mode, but not in manual so they do have there oven, but now that I am back home I am quite curious to what was causing this.

    We tried tech support and didnt get much help.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated sorry for the lack of info.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkenkoala View Post
    I have a question regarding the baxter oven.. I have worked primarly on Hvac-r, no food equipment but now this company I work for took over a contract that has lots and lots of equipment..
    I work up north and do not have the access to the model and serial number right now but I thought id ask anyways.

    I was working on a baxter relolving oven with the trays, I believe it has 7 trays.

    Well what happens is in auto mode the oven sends power to the motor, and the racks revolve, and when it is switched over to manual it will not work and the DC motor is not getting enough voltage. I had a copy of the wiring diagram when i was working on the unit, and basically I cannot find where it is getting this dc voltage from in manual mode. It shows that is is getting power from the 120ac side and then some how turns to 90 dc for the motor, in auto mode it gets power from the board. I do see a diode on the line voltage side before the motor, could this be a rectifying diode to give it the dc power? We are able to have the unit running in auto mode, but not in manual so they do have there oven, but now that I am back home I am quite curious to what was causing this.

    We tried tech support and didnt get much help.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated sorry for the lack of info.
    If I understand you correctly you are talking about the Auto/Manual switch on the gold colored motor controller behind the service panels of the oven. According to the Baxter manual for the OV-850 this switch should only be moved to the manual position if the "oven fails to operate and there is power".

    Now I agree you should have operation when in that position but the wiring diagram [that I have] leaves alot to be desired. The manual modes should allow the run and reverse pushbuttons to operate and also the stop bar. There is a 6amp 600v rectifier in series with a 3 amp breaker. Other then that it is just a series of contact that make up the path of the circuit.

    As I'm new to this site I haven't taken the time on how to post an image but if you need more help I can see what I can do.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelbaron View Post
    I have a new customer with a Baxter Pizza Oven It is the Revolving Tray Oven. I can't find the model number anywhere, but possibly a M800? Any way I have had no luck with trying to get any info from Hobart, their site is less than helpful, and even though I signed up for an account, the log in page will not load.

    Any way I need to know what all to lubricate, and what type of grease to use. Any help would be great.
    Probably an OV850 and depending on age I believe the only thing needing lubrication is the drive chain. The shelf bushings and the main shaft bushings should be graphite. There is of course oil in the gearbox.

  11. #11
    Thanks Oven guy I might just send ya pm if I run into any more troubles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event