Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by 21degrees View Post
    Do give me that ****. You had ample time to get this stuff done and you didn't have the balls to even phone me back. With the attitude you have I hope it takes you another year. You don't know the first thing about hiring people.

To everyone else that comes on here *****ing about what I am doing, if you don't like the job posting look elsewhere. I will not be posting anymore jobs on this site because to many people have nothing but time to complain about anything.
    Don't let the ungrateful apprenty's dismay you from posting good sir. You seem like a very down to earth individual. If my boss keeps sending me (2nd year apprentice) to bang off $20,000 jobs solo I might yet still be joining you LOL

Don't let the internet keyboard warriors elevate your blood pressure.

I was willing to hire him

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Its the internet.
    If your interested in a job thats posted on the internet. And it involves crossing borders. There's gonna be paper work.
    More then one person has not been hired because a company needed a person quicker then that person could/would start.

I spoke this guy on the phone and told him what to do. I have had 2 americans come to work and they applied after him. People that are serious don't take their time. I will continue to hire local and accross Canada and U.S.
    I just did not expect him to say what he said about me. The guy from florida went home for 2 weeks at christmas and is now back to work and is a total asset to my company. We will probably be extending his Visa as long as we can and as long as he wants to stay.
    Do it right the first time.

Hey thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by Armament View Post
    Don't let the ungrateful apprenty's dismay you from posting good sir. You seem like a very down to earth individual. If my boss keeps sending me (2nd year apprentice) to bang off $20,000 jobs solo I might yet still be joining you LOL

Don't let the internet keyboard warriors elevate your blood pressure.

It just gets fustrating when guys come on here and call you down, when all we are trying to do is get decent employees who want to stay in the business and work. I have brought in so many new guys and as soon as things get tuff, their gone like the BOOM!

Hey 21...I am in the planning stages of heading out there in mid to late March...Is that too late, or do they still have openings out there at that time??? I don't have the 2 years experience yet, so I couldn't come work for you I guess, but I have been contacted by a recruiter to move out West and I have been told by some others who have been there that with or without going through a recruiter I will find a good job relatively easily. Does this sound true or should I stick with the recruiter? I am definitely going out there either way, just not sure if I should take them up on it or go it alone. I think they may want a 1 or 2 year contract (or else repay some or a portion of a relocation allowance). I would be Ok even without a relocation allowance that is why I am considering going it alone. I would prefer to work 6 days a week, 50 or 60 hours a week and then take one long weekend a month off to fly back to Ontario.

It is slowing down

[QUOTE=73Stingray;2420672]
    Companies are slowing down. My brother just came out from Ontario in Nov and could not find work. I did put him to work for a bit but need experience guys. He is gone back now. Could not find much work in his field oil patch.

Do you have any suggestions when it comes to what area of AB is best? Would it be better to stay in the Southern end or further North. Could you recommend some of the better places to live and work (Calgary,Lethbridge, Med Hat, Bonnyville, Grand Prarie?? would you have a preference) I have also heard that Saskatchewan is starting to take off as well, maybe I should just go there instead??

I also have to figure out how I go about changing my Ontario G2 to a Alberta Class B

Quote Originally Posted by 21degrees View Post
    I spoke this guy on the phone and told him what to do. I have had 2 americans come to work and they applied after him. People that are serious don't take their time. I will continue to hire local and accross Canada and U.S.
    I just did not expect him to say what he said about me. The guy from florida went home for 2 weeks at christmas and is now back to work and is a total asset to my company. We will probably be extending his Visa as long as we can and as long as he wants to stay.
    I beg to differ here sir. When I inquired about attaining a work visa you couldn't tell me anything about the process or where to go to to get one. Sorry to say but I don't run the U.S. State Department or Homeland Security who ever is in charge of processing Passport applications. Given the fact that you couldn't give me any information about the work visa what do you think I spent more time on? I won't cross any border unless I have the proper legal documents completed. So please don't go ripping on me and stating I took my time. The proper thing you should have done was asked first about having the paper work done before offering any job. Right? I know one thing for certain I'll never work for someone who can't keep their word. Now I'm very much considering posting your email correspondence and letting everyone read it and judge for them self.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by dirtyboy103us; 02-08-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: sorry for the hi-jack
    once you think you've seen it all
    (THINK AGAIN)
    I would rather work for free than be look upon as a thief!!!!!

Public opinion isnt really relevant.Not all employees and employers are a good match.You guys didn't hit it off.Good luck to both of you in your searches.
    Go RCR!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123