Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've removed 3 posts from this thread that were uncalled for...the poster has the right to post his advertisement for help without the hijacks.

If it keeps heading in the same direction there will be unhappy campers at camp hvac-talk...

Be nice and quit hijacking.

Don't Get Me Wrong

I want people from the States or Canada because of their skills and knowledge. I currently have 1 guy from Florida who has lasted through this cold winter and I am impressed. The other guy from chicago did not last, could not stand the cold.
    Do it right the first time.

Hmm,

I have been to Japan, numerous times, and have one of the largest HVAC companies doing alot of work for me there, and at $27.50 per hour, their going rate there.

I also have the same in Mexico City, and there the base rate for HVAC is $35.00 per hour.

This is not what they pay their techs, but what I hire the company to do work for me at these two locations.

And as ST stated, you both need to calm down...

I also send about 12 calls a month to LDI in Alberta. I have been to their location about 4 times in the last 3 years to give training.

I know that good techs are very hard to find, good luck 21..

Thanks Arpa

Quote Originally Posted by ARPA View Post
    Hmm,

I know that good techs are very hard to find, good luck 21..

Just got 2 new guys with experience. Should help. 2 weeks in mexico put me back almost a month. 2 big jobs on the go and service is nuts right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 21degrees View Post
    The other guy from Chicago did not last, could not stand the cold.
    How unfortunate. I showed interest back in Nov. when you were looking for help. Sometimes it pays to wait until some of us can make arrangements to come up there instead of jumping on the first person who comes along and interview people before you hire. Guys like that make it difficult for some of us really interested in making a career out of this field starting out. What a pu$$ for quiting for that reason.

Not Really

Quote Originally Posted by wescoman View Post
    How unfortunate. I showed interest back in Nov. when you were looking for help. Sometimes it pays to wait until some of us can make arrangements to come up there instead of jumping on the first person who comes along and interview people before you hire. Guys like that make it difficult for some of us really interested in making a career out of this field starting out. What a pu$$ for quiting for that reason.

When you own a business it is hard to wait for anybody. Attitude is about the best thing I look for in a interview. You can't tell by a interview if the guy is going to work out and stay. I am getting lots of resumes, about 4 a day and have hired a very good installer so far. My other guys have picked it up a notch. I don't think I will have a problem finding 1 maybe 2 more guys. Just not jumpimping on the first guy that says he got experience.

Alberta isn't exactly the Warmest area on earth . I live on the East coast (Nova-Scotia) and it gets bitter here. Alberta is just haywire.

I was really considering making my way out to work for 21 degrees when I got laid off back in September (company owners split). I had my car packed and was ready to roll. Had to wait for apprenticeship paperwork to clear and my old boss convinced me to stay and work for him....and here I am.

"jumpimping" that's what I'm finding prevalent in the HVAC/R industry as I look around and it just isn't myself who sees this going on. People like myself and others who can't get their foot in the door because of it.

The employer 21degrees wasted his time with this person not to mention the expense of doing the paperwork. Then again he comes on this board posting he needs the help right away .... can't wait ... and gets just what he deserves. I can't say I feel the least bit sorry. Makes a job offer and knows very well I as a U.S. citizen cannot cross that border unless I have a Passport and the proper paper work done. Now he's wasted my time and money. I have every right to be PO'd! You bet!

It costs alot of money to live in alberta foods really expensive. Mostly because when you work at mcdonalds they pay there workers 12 dollars an hour some one bedroom places will run you about 1000 dollars a month and edmonton is really boring.If you can stand it do it.If your young do it.It's not even that cold i was walking around in my shorts at -12.Edmontons one of those places that porbably wont slow down.To make good money in alberta you need a fly in fly out job.

"jumpimping" that's what I'm finding prevalent in the HVAC/R industry as I look around and it just isn't myself who sees this going on. People like myself and others who can't get their foot in the door because of it.

The employer 21degrees wasted his time with this person not to mention the expense of doing the paperwork. Then again he comes on this board posting he needs the help right away .... can't wait ... and gets just what he deserves. I can't say I feel the least bit sorry. Makes a job offer and knows very well I as a U.S. citizen cannot cross that border unless I have a Passport and the proper paper work done. Now he's wasted my time and money. I have every right to be PO'd! You bet!
    You knew what you were getting into abviously wherever you are you have no work or you wouldnt have asked.If you wanna make the big bucks you have to make sacrifices.It isnt that hard to get a work visa either they were pretty much giving them away 6 months ago in order to get people to work in alberta.

Thumbs down Give your head a shake

Do give me that ****. You had ample time to get this stuff done and you didn't have the balls to even phone me back. With the attitude you have I hope it takes you another year. You don't know the first thing about hiring people.

To everyone else that comes on here *****ing about what I am doing, if you don't like the job posting look elsewhere. I will not be posting anymore jobs on this site because to many people have nothing but time to complain about anything.

[QUOTE=nick982002;2410572]It costs alot of money to live in alberta foods really expensive. Mostly because when you work at mcdonalds they pay there workers 12 dollars an hour some one bedroom places will run you about 1000 dollars a month and edmonton is really boring.If you can stand it do it.If your young do it.It's not even that cold i was walking around in my shorts at -12.Edmontons one of those places that porbably wont slow down.To make good money in alberta you need a fly in fly out job.[/
    Last edited by mustardman; 02-05-2009 at 02:30 AM. Reason: reread

[QUOTE=wescoman;2409872 Makes a job offer and knows very well I as a U.S. citizen cannot cross that border unless I have a Passport and the proper paper work done. Now he's wasted my time and money. I have every right to be PO'd! You bet![/QUOTE]

Its the internet.

If your interested in a job thats posted on the internet. And it involves crossing borders. There's gonna be paper work.

More then one person has not been hired because a company needed a person quicker then that person could/would start.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast