Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Looking for employment, Long Island

Just got laid off at a place I was hired in December, along with 4 other mechanics and some sales people, a bit pissed to say the least. Any case, I'm looking for a new position as a Jr. Mechanic or Helper with a 638B Shop preferably. I show up to work an hour plus early everyday and do the job to my best ability. I come to work on time, never late, and even when sick and do not call out for any reason. I can provide references from former company as well as Local 638B coworkers, in which they asked for me by name to work with them often. Thanks for any help.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    If you want a few days of in-between work,call, I'm not Union.

4. Likes Jettinvr6sc, psehunter liked this post
    Post Likes
    Sorry to hear that. I'll send you a message of a company that might be hiring from 638.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    Will work for BEER!

7. Dislikes baub disliked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    Thanks Terry PM me your info.

I'm still shocked! I did everything I was told and beyond, hired they said study and get better, I do that and surpassed the knowledge of some of the Jr mechs who I had to help with electrical problems! and I get laid off!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by psehunter View Post
    Thanks Terry PM me your info.

I'm still shocked! I did everything I was told and beyond, hired they said study and get better, I do that and surpassed the knowledge of some of the Jr mechs who I had to help with electrical problems! and I get laid off!!!!
    Its a tough business, get used to it.

If your near Riverhead tomorrow i'll be doing Chilled Water work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Its a tough business, get used to it.

If your near Riverhead tomorrow i'll be doing Chilled Water work.
    Thanks for the offer I'll let ya know, now that I have no job, I need to try and conserve gas in my gas guzzling 5.7 liter truck. It would be fun to watch what you do, what time are you going out there?

Post Likes
    Just got laid off at a place I was hired in December, along with 4 other mechanics and some sales people, a bit pissed to say the least. Any case, I'm looking for a new position as a Jr. Mechanic or Helper with a 638B Shop preferably. I show up to work an hour plus early everyday and do the job to my best ability. I come to work on time, never late, and even when sick and do not call out for any reason. I can provide references from former company as well as Local 638B coworkers, in which they asked for me by name to work with them often. Thanks for any help.
    Try Michael James Industries in Ronkonkoma

12. Likes psehunter liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nmt6789 View Post
    Try Michael James Industries in Ronkonkoma
    Thanks, didn't hear great things about them, ie; revolving door company .. I can't afford to make any more bad choices with choosing who to work for, I'm losing valuable time. I'm going to be a bit more picky this time around and hopefully find a place to call home for years to come.

Post Likes
    Are you an apprentice with your local? Or are you just a helper doing the grunt work?

Post Likes
    Thanks, didn't hear great things about them, ie; revolving door company .. I can't afford to make any more bad choices with choosing who to work for, I'm losing valuable time. I'm going to be a bit more picky this time around and hopefully find a place to call home for years to come.
    I hate to say it but thats really every company on Long Island. Unless you're willing to work in Manhattan...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nmt6789 View Post
    I hate to say it but thats really every company on Long Island. Unless you're willing to work in Manhattan...
    I hope thats not the case, I could do the city here and there, I don't think I could do it M-F unless I had like 6AM start times. Maybe I'll give them a call and see for myself, I can deal with alot of nonsense and suck it up, I can't deal with being laid off after busting my ass for a place. I'm not worried about getting fired because I do what I'm supposed to do. We'll see how this pans out, if I need to move back west to be in the city so be it. One thing is for certain, company I left I chalk up as a good experience of what to negotiate when I interview at the next place. Plus I did learn quite a bit from some of the Journeymen there, which I'm grateful for, I will miss working with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast