Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sorry for your loss my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thanks everyone for their thoughts & prayers.

I am not sure what is going to happen w/ the business. It ws just the two of us. He was the field end I was the office end. We each were both tops in our professions and the business thrived off our synergies. In the short time we had our doors open, we developed solid relationships and loyal clients. Without Ed, I am not sure where I go....time will tell.
    Never let weakness convince you that you lack strength.

Condolences to his family and yourself on this loss and the loss to this trade.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

My condolences......
    Things like this always suck and seem to take forever to make it back to the back of your mind. Best of luck to you and his family.
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by flyrfan View Post
    Thanks everyone for their thoughts & prayers.

I am not sure what is going to happen w/ the business. It ws just the two of us. He was the field end I was the office end. We each were both tops in our professions and the business thrived off our synergies. In the short time we had our doors open, we developed solid relationships and loyal clients. Without Ed, I am not sure where I go....time will tell.
    Keep the faith! Hold your head high .... and give it ll you got! WHo knows.... someone might come knocking to help you out!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

I am truely sorry for your loss, hopefully your business will thrive and continue on well in memory of your lost loved one. My condolences to his and your family.
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

I am truly sorry for your loss.

I lost me friend Andre in December, and I still keep expecting him to walk in the door everyday.

Godspeed Eddy

Sorry for your loss, these things never seem to have any rhyme or reason,

I guess it more of a test of your ability to handle adversity, and a test of your faith.

I as many others in here realize the pressures that go along with this trade and running a business. Then again that may have not had anything to do with it. I guess were always searching for answers as to why something happened.

Too often then not we dwell on things being there is no answer to why it happened and you just to appreciate that you did have a chance to have him a part of your life. What you would have missed to have never have known him.

I doubt that anything said will make you feel any better now and that it will just take time. Im sure that once you have a chance to set back and get your thoughts together as to what your best strategy for the business will be ( being everything happened so suddenly ) You will come up with a plan to go forward.

Don't overlook the possibility of getting help from your competition. I have seen many times over where shops have steped up to help out at times of need being ......... it could be them needing the help.

Things like this happen a lot so its not like a lot of shops don't help out in common courtesy. Watch your back but don't be afraid to ask.

Again ..... sorry for your loss

Sorry I missed this -

I would have preferred to offer condolences in a more timely manner.

You friend died one month to the day before my father. He had a heart bypass 25 years previous but had a stroke at 85. He would have been 86 in exactly seventeen days from today.

The business arrangement you describe is exactly what I have been saying that I want for twenty years. And what you say about Eddy is true of me - I can do anything. Well; except for properly manage a business. <g>

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by flyrfan View Post
    Yesterday, my friend of almost 20 yrs and my business partner of 1 yr, past away from an apparent heart attack. He was 44.

I am devastated. Professionally, he was one of the most skilled HVAC tradesman I will ever know....there was absolutely nothing that he could not do....sheetmetal, piping, controls, resi & comm service work, chillers to VRF to window shakers....his talents were many and his fears were none.

Personally he was a great friend, father, and husband. The cliché that he would do anything for anybody applied here, while it would kill him to ask for help from anybody.

At this time cannot find the words to express my love for him…he would call me a homo if he were standing next to me right now.

RIP Eddy my friend, you’ll be missed my many.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Sorry.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Sorry to hear your loss.

It’s weird how you can get attached to someone without realizing it. An older retired guy moved across the street from me and although we didn’t really do much together, he was always outside to greet me when I came home from work. We had lots of conversations about everyday stuff and then one day I came home to find out he had died from a heart attack.

His wife said he wanted to lie down because he was tired and she thought that was odd because he never takes a nap. About an hour later she decided to check on him and he had passed away.

I was absolutely floored. It hit me like a ton of bricks and I decided right then and there that I was going to put more effort toward getting to know people better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12