Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A Truely Sad Day

Yesterday, my friend of almost 20 yrs and my business partner of 1 yr, past away from an apparent heart attack. He was 44.

I am devastated. Professionally, he was one of the most skilled HVAC tradesman I will ever know....there was absolutely nothing that he could not do....sheetmetal, piping, controls, resi & comm service work, chillers to VRF to window shakers....his talents were many and his fears were none.

Personally he was a great friend, father, and husband. The cliché that he would do anything for anybody applied here, while it would kill him to ask for help from anybody.

At this time cannot find the words to express my love for him…he would call me a homo if he were standing next to me right now.

RIP Eddy my friend, you’ll be missed my many.
    Never let weakness convince you that you lack strength.

I am very sorry for your loss. I hope you dont mind but I have a question because I am turning 44 in a month or so. Did he have any signs? Was he one of those guys who seems like a heart attack waiting to happen? You know, overweight chain smoker, fatty beef only eater, HBP or any other warning signs? Or was he a generally healthy guy?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Sorry to hear that!

A few years ago friend of mine had a mild attack. He's in great shape, eats well, no smoke or drink... Then there's me who's a pig, never exercises and healthy as a horse knock on wood...

Sorry to hear of your loss.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Wow. A tragic and terrible loss.

Your post was an outstanding eulogy to your friend.

Take care.

Radio edit
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

I wish to express my deepest sympathy, heartfelt sorrow and prayers. It was a pleasure to meet Ed this week and I am truly saddened by his loss.
    captain CO

Sorry to hear that, I lost a good friend this week as well, just remember the good times, it does seem to help take the sting down a notch(for me anyway)
    You can't fix stupid

Sorry to hear about your friend passing, one is never prepared for it to happen to a loved one or friend.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

sorry for your loss!
    I'm 43 , hope ST.PETE hires him in the engineering dept.
    NO Brains NO Headaches

Sorry for your loss Flyerfan....it sounds like Ed was a heckuva guy.

It is a sad time indeed right now while the sting of his loss is so fresh, but in time that sting will subside - and you will be left with wonderful memories of a person who probably made you (and those around him) a better person for knowing him.
    "The problem is the average person isn’t tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and it’s not in the movies they watch, and it’s not in the few books that they buy, they don’t get it" - Jack Canfield

Very sorry for your loss, and the loss to his family. Time will help to ease the pain.

It's very disconcerting when people your age or younger die like this. Unfortunately, some individuals get a raw deal in the genes they inherit, and sometimes their number is abruptly called.

Your friend and partner would probably want you to continue what the two of you started in the business. Let his legacy be your continued determination for success. It may also be one of the best ways you can help the family he leaves behind.

Sorry for your loss.

Only God knows how long each one of us is in this world.
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast