Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    I believe that Honeywell only has a one year warranty. You are better to have your contractor install a pro model and get a 5 yr warranty.
    Doug

Post Likes
    Cost me a furnace once. Run. Run fast and don't look back. Complete junk.
    You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.

3. Likes HighlandThunder liked this post
    Post Likes
    I love that customers can't get enough of these things but the folks that work in this industry want nothing to do with them.

Post Likes
    They are not geared towards us it is a direct to consumer product and you cannot make money off of them on top of the fact they fail on a regular basis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Likes ant1121581 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mkovack View Post
    you cannot make money off of them on top of the fact they fail on a regular basis.
    Oh I can. If I provide it and I have to by it at the box store I mark it up x1.5. If they provide it, my rate goes up x1.5. It's no different from any other "part" and I expect to make $$ in my business, even if it's less than what others would expect.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    I've installed a few homeowner bought nest t-stats and like the 2 pages of reviews here say....pure over priced big box store quality junk.

Post Likes
    I'm a fan of the nest product. I havent had any issues with the thermostat. I've had it over a year. I mainly use it because my bed bound father in law can operate the thermostat through voice activated amazon Alexa echo. I'm curious why do people say this is junk? Whats the issue?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nchvacservice View Post
    Whats the issue?
    - bad hardware
    - bad support
    - need of/for frequent updates
    - cant control the equipment as advertised
    - hobbles the equipment
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

Post Likes
    Started selling these at work. Had someone come out last Friday and "train" us on them. Explained how you can hook up camera and all this other stuff... Told us Gen3 fixed all the problems blah blah blah... I will still recommend honeywell if homeowner ask..
    Local 36

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12