Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie Reviews

Post Likes

Movie Reviews

If the moderators approve, I hope this thread can stay and other people will chime in. But maybe the owners want to slant more towards HVAC, and I can understand that.

Anyway, I saw the movie "The Founder" a few days ago. It was about McDonalds and Ray Kroc. It was a good movie, but it was kind of a cross between a documentary and a movie. It wasn't a shoot-em-up kind of action movie. And thanksfully, it wasn't a love story either. I would give the movie a grade of B+. It could have been cut down from a 2-hour movie to a 1-hour 45-minute movie. Ray Kroc was a really shady character, and there were huge conflicts between him and the McDonald brothers.

Post Likes
    Hell or High Water

Saw it a few days ago. I'll give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Post Likes
    Anybody seen "Table 19"? Thought about going to see it today.

Post Likes
    Dream Big at the IMAX theater today. This movie was about civil engineering by the Bechtel Corporation. I'll give it 3 out of 5 stars. A part of the movie was propaganda:

1. women are the future engineers which is false
    2. Whites need not apply--all Indian and female engineers are the wave of the future.
    3. Green energy is going to go big time which is false.

But, it did have some really good shots of Dubai and Shanghai and bridges, etc. I didn't know that Shanghai is now the largest city in the world with 24 million people.

Post Likes
    For the Christians... 'The Shack' is a good portrayal of the God we know... Takes a bit of imagination... best to read the book first!

The new XXX (Zander Cage)... was mediocre...

Last fall... Rogue One, a Star Wars Story... was better than Star Wars #7...

More recently... Logan... is different than any of the X-men movies... give it a 3.5...

Waiting for: Fast and Furious #8... in early April...
    And Guardians of the Galaxy #2 in early May...
    Ga-HVAC-tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    For the Christians... 'The Shack' is a good portrayal of the God we know... Takes a bit of imagination... best to read the book first!

The new XXX (Zander Cage)... was mediocre...

Last fall... Rogue One, a Star Wars Story... was better than Star Wars #7...

More recently... Logan... is different than any of the X-men movies... give it a 3.5...

Waiting for: Fast and Furious #8... in early April...
    And Guardians of the Galaxy #2 in early May...
    I would never have guessed you like movies like those.

Post Likes
    What REO... [grin]

You think GA goes to Chick Flicks...

Action/Adventure is my favourite... documentaries next.

Going to the movies... is a diversion to unload my busy mind... a mini-vacation if you will, from mental multi-tasking.

Back on movie titles... would you rather I said 50 shades... LOL... which is NOT on my list.
    Most of the folks I know who went to war to protect the USA... are Christians with strong commitment to their faith... and they like action/adventure also.
    Ga-HVAC-tech

Post Likes
    What REO... [grin]

You think GA goes to Chick Flicks...

Action/Adventure is my favourite... documentaries next.

Going to the movies... is a diversion to unload my busy mind... a mini-vacation if you will, from mental multi-tasking.

Back on movie titles... would you rather I said 50 shades... LOL... which is NOT on my list.
    Most of the folks I know who went to war to protect the USA... are Christians with strong commitment to their faith... and they like action/adventure also.
    What was that recent war movie about the medic guy who refused to fire his gun in basic. I think the war actionwas Iwo Jima, but I'm not sure. That was a good movie.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    What was that recent war movie about the medic guy who refused to fire his gun in basic. I think the war actionwas Iwo Jima, but I'm not sure. That was a good movie.
    I know the one you are talking about... did not see it... as I remember... had too much business at the time.

Probably catch it on cable in a few months.
    Ga-HVAC-tech

Post Likes
    Hacksaw Ridge is a war movie. 4 out of 5 stars. Very good movie.

Post Likes
    I do not pay much attention to the ratings...
    There is a LOT of politics in ratings...

I generally watch the preview... one can get a feel for the movie quickly.
    Example: Passengers... watching the preview, it is a shallow story, with less than great acting.
    And this time the ratings showed it.
    Ga-HVAC-tech

Post Likes
    I know the one you are talking about... did not see it... as I remember... had too much business at the time.

Probably catch it on cable in a few months.
    Just finished watching "Hacksaw Ridge" on DVD from Netflix. It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Despite being about a conscientious objector it's not the typical anti-American Hollywierd garbage. It showcases decent American people displaying the strengths of American values.

Gotta see it if you haven't.

Post Likes
    Yeah...

From what I have heard and read... the movie is outstanding (Hacksaw Ridge).

However...
    IMO the idea of a conscious objector being a hero is kinda a paradox...
    And IMO it presents a scenario where it is socially acceptable to take a rather strange view on right and wrong...
    And we know Hollywood is all about attempting to influence thinking... they are successful with it also.

IMO a war movie needs to be win the war... period!
    Ga-HVAC-tech

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast