Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

New Construction

1200 sq ft ranch. Was able to get in before other trades making things easy. Still have to go back for sealing and some touch ups but very happy with how it turned out. Name:  IMG_0835.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  132.9 KBName:  IMG_0836.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  149.3 KBName:  IMG_0832.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  126.7 KBName:  IMG_0830.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  277.5 KB

Post Likes
    Wow, that basement will never look that good again.
    Nice work
    "Sometimes what's right is what's left after you do everything wrong"--Robin Williams

Post Likes
    The sheet metal work looks good. We are not allowed to pan the joists and use the wall cavity as return anymore, it all has to be hard piped to the return. I thought that new code was for all of the United States. Why did you terminate the combustion air that way?

4. Likes johoff34 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Good work, you do the whole shebang on rough in. If I did that here the furnace and coil would be so full of drywall dust and construction trash. Usually run stat wires, all duct, flues, lineset, then come back after paint and trim to set equipment.

6. Likes ga-hvac-tech, HeatenCoolair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Concentric vent would have look nicer , but the rest looks great.
    UA Local 32

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyed View Post
    Good work, you do the whole shebang on rough in. If I did that here the furnace and coil would be so full of drywall dust and construction trash. Usually run stat wires, all duct, flues, lineset, then come back after paint and trim to set equipment.
    Thanks for the compliment means a lot coming from one of the best. I don't usually do new construction. This was a friend of mine he's acting as general contractor, not really much order. I just wanted to get in and out. I will be back already along the way for finishing touches, stat, return grilles things like that. Don't plan on doing any more new construction but couldn't pass up one this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectionist View Post
    The sheet metal work looks good. We are not allowed to pan the joists and use the wall cavity as return anymore, it all has to be hard piped to the return. I thought that new code was for all of the United States. Why did you terminate the combustion air that way?
    Fresh air needs to be 12" above grade.

Post Likes
    i hate furnaces turned towards the wall. a few more bends wont matter when it's so close to the outer wall.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

11. Likes Wheelbaron liked this post
    Post Likes
    Grand Blac Michigan? If so you guys must get a good amount of snow? If so the intake and exhaust needs to be 12" higher than the highest anticipated snowfall in your region by the time the soil is filled in and leveled out. Should say that in the install guide.

Nice clean install.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joey View Post
    Grand Blac Michigan? If so you guys must get a good amount of snow? If so the intake and exhaust needs to be 12" higher than the highest anticipated snowfall in your region by the time the soil is filled in and leveled out. Should say that in the install guide.

Nice clean install.
    We can get a good amount but the last few winters nothing much. Yeah it says it in install instructions but 12" above grade passes inspection.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johoff34 View Post
    We can get a good amount but the last few winters nothing much. Yeah it says it in install instructions but 12" above grade passes inspection.

Sorry meant to say Grand Blanc

Post Likes
    For new construction I always use wall brackets for the condensors so the landscaping guys and graders don't trash them and I try not to install them at all until the brick and siding guys are done. Nothing like getting it all nicely done and in place only to have a brickie drop a pallet on it. I used to like getting in first before the other trades but I've learned that no matter what somebody is just going to come in behind you and cut your stuff out of the way.

16. Likes Wheelbaron liked this post
    Post Likes
    Nice job i like it all except i would run the low voltage wiring in loom tubing makes it look neater

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast