Old GE - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old GE

Yea,We have a dedicated circuit with a SSU mounted within 4 ft. of furnace and exposed wire must be in conduit or flex conduit to pass residential inspection.

Looks like poor workmanship issues aren't anything new!
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

looks like somebody temped it in and then forgot about it.
    gotta love that silvertape!

The plug is so you can run the furnace off a generator? Seen a few here for that purpose.

dedicated circuit outlet and pigtail will pass here dont agree with it. alot of older homes will have evap and furnace on same circuit i guess they figures who is gonna run evap and furnace at same time gotta correct them.

Looks like whips were used to connect all , even the PRV drain on the water heater.

Originally posted by rhinphnx
    dedicated circuit outlet and pigtail will pass here dont agree with it. alot of older homes will have evap and furnace on same circuit i guess they figures who is gonna run evap and furnace at same time gotta correct them.
    Why dont you agree with it its nice to be able to un plug it to work on it with out continuesly going to the breaker box. Ive never seen an evaperator that had power going to it.

Originally posted by Air Plus
    Originally posted by rhinphnx
    Why dont you agree with it its nice to be able to un plug it to work on it with out continuesly going to the breaker box. Ive never seen an evaperator that had power going to it.
    It's alot nicer to flip a switch on the side of the furnace & have an outlet hot wired before the switch for your leadlight.
    Take your time & do it right!

If I remember correctly A switch for disconecting means will not pass inspection in my area.l

Just wondering

Why do some people think a power cord is bad? I find it to be the safest way to kill power while working on furnace.
    My stove and dryer have plugs. My 1000 watt microwave, something watt dishwasher and clothes washer have them too.

I do not understand, maybe an engineer will step in and explain this to me ... thanks.

I like the cord because when its unplugged you know fur sure the power is disconnected. Also there is a place to plug in other stuff.

The disadvantage is the ground can be cut off easily. Also someone can cut the cord off their vacuum cleaner and splice it in, see this all the time.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12