Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 151819202122232425
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lkapigian View Post
    For the most part, Prayer ( as it is talked about here) is symbolic , There really is only 1 "Prayer" IMO. The Prayer most speak of is a conversation between me and " Him" yes all " Prayers" are answered , we just don't always like the answer given

Slowly remove "Faith" from society and eventually people will no longer have any
    Do you think all prayers are heard by spirits like Jesus, Angels or God, spirits that have the power to make physical changes (miracles) in our physical realm? Yet in the vast majority of times they ignore our requests and let bad things happen to us. To me that is not 'answering' a prayer. That is ignoring a prayer.

If Jesus, Angels and God are watching all our misery here, and they just let it happen, they must have a different outlook on it. It must not be bad to them, or how could they stand to let it all happen. It must make a kind of sense that we are not aware of.

For them to have the power to be able to help us, yet they don't, means they must see good result from our misery. Otherwise why wouldn't they just wave their hand and fix it, at least for the folks who so reverently follow them, say like devout Christians. But they don't. I hear stories of them stepping in and working miracles for non-Christians just the same. It seems they are not partial to Christians at all. Yet I hear stories of Jesus being very much alive and well on the other side…and He is no small player.

This seems to be a 'hands-off, human playground' where we are in control of things. 99% of the time when we tell good and bad spirits to leave us alone, they do. Yet 99% of the time when we ask for Angelic intervention, we do not get it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Do you think all prayers are heard by spirits like Jesus, Angels or God, spirits that have the power to make physical changes (miracles) in our physical realm? Yet in the vast majority of times they ignore our requests and let bad things happen to us. To me that is not 'answering' a prayer. That is ignoring a prayer.

If Jesus, Angels and God are watching all our misery here, and they just let it happen, they must have a different outlook on it. It must not be bad to them, or how could they stand to let it all happen. It must make a kind of sense that we are not aware of.

For them to have the power to be able to help us, yet they don't, means they must see good result from our misery. Otherwise why wouldn't they just wave their hand and fix it, at least for the folks who so reverently follow them, say like devout Christians. But they don't. I hear stories of them stepping in and working miracles for non-Christians just the same. It seems they are not partial to Christians at all. Yet I hear stories of Jesus being very much alive and well on the other side…and He is no small player.

This seems to be a 'hands-off, human playground' where we are in control of things. 99% of the time when we tell good and bad spirits to leave us alone, they do. Yet 99% of the time when we ask for Angelic intervention, we do not get it.
    In my opinion , the Spirit resides within us, I don't believer there is a Spirit Switchboard out there. and yes I do believe miracles happen

I believe 100% of our prayers are answered, it just may not be the answer we wanted

Post Likes
    In my opinion , the Spirit resides within us, I don't believer there is a Spirit Switchboard out there. and yes I do believe miracles happen

I believe 100% of our prayers are answered, it just may not be the answer we wanted
    So you do not think there are spirits like Angels, Jesus, deceased loved ones or guardian angels watching and overseeing our lives here? Spirits that have the power to work miracles when they wish or are allowed to?

If 'miracles happen,' who or what do you think causes them?

Post Likes
    So you do not think there are spirits like Angels, Jesus, deceased loved ones or guardian angels watching and overseeing our lives here? Spirits that have the power to work miracles when they wish or are allowed to?

If 'miracles happen,' who do you think causes them?
    Yes I think ( know) they exist, I believe they reside in the living "Christ is with us" ( for example )..Miracles happen constantly,most of the time we don't recognize them..........What do I think causes them? Good Question, I think if anyone could answer that ,they would explode

I often here things like "If God were real,why would He allow that child to be molested, Killed ( what ever ) without looking @ the big scheme such as that child's sacrifice save the lives of many many more down the road...Life is a mystery

Post Likes
    Yes I think ( know) they exist, I believe they reside in the living "Christ is with us" ( for example )..Miracles happen constantly,most of the time we don't recognize them..........What do I think causes them? Good Question, I think if anyone could answer that ,they would explode

I often here things like "If God were real,why would He allow that child to be molested, Killed ( what ever ) without looking @ the big scheme such as that child's sacrifice save the lives of many many more down the road…Life is a mystery

If Angels, Jesus and spirits are watching all the pain here, it must make some kind of sense to them. Too bad they won't drop in and explain it to us. Like I said, the physical plain must be a hands-off place, except for rare occasions.

Post Likes
    If Angels, Jesus and spirits are watching all the pain here, it must make some kind of sense to them. Too bad they won't drop in and explain it to us. Like I said, the physical plain must be a hands-off place, except for rare occasions.
    It's all in The Book(s)

Post Likes
    It's all in The Book(s)
    I would rather hear it from them. They can and do talk directly to us you know. No need for a Book that they do not seem to have much respect for anyway.

Post Likes
    I would rather hear it from them. They can and do talk directly to us you know. No need for a Book that they do not seem to have much respect for anyway.
    Again, in my own opinion, I feel you have to be in a " deep state of meditation" to "Hear Him" for me when it happened(s) was when I ran, used to run for hours on end, totally focused within ( I need to get back to that state soon, took a couple months off) I had many conversations on my runs, don't know if it was the deep concentration or the dopamine, but none the less some things that occurred when I was ( am) in that state forever changed my course of life

Post Likes
    Again, in my own opinion, I feel you have to be in a " deep state of meditation" to "Hear Him" for me when it happened(s) was when I ran, used to run for hours on end, totally focused within ( I need to get back to that state soon, took a couple months off) I had many conversations on my runs, don't know if it was the deep concentration or the dopamine, but none the less some things that occurred when I was ( am) in that state forever changed my course of life
    As you may know, I am an avid cyclist. I ride hard and maintain a 90% max heartrate for up to three hours, typically two hours. I get good ideas when in that state but it doesn't seem to compare to meditating, which I don't do enough of. IOW, I feel God much more when I'm at 50bpm than at 150bpm.

Post Likes
    As you may know, I am an avid cyclist. I ride hard and maintain a 90% max heartrate for up to three hours, typically two hours. I get good ideas when in that state but it doesn't seem to compare to meditating, which I don't do enough of. IOW, I feel God much more when I'm at 50bpm than at 150bpm.
    I knew you cycled, and I agree. When I am out on a long run, my heart rate is about mid range ( when I'm well trained) not labored, easy to converse. when I am training and I am running my heart rate up ( and back down) I am no where in a meditation state. For you I would imagine it would occur on a long "casual ride" day. I cycle for "active recovery" so it is not overly intense, but can last up to 80 miles of easy riding, if I am alone and "day dreaming" I can hit that meditation state.........but that can be dangerous as well when you "zone out"

Post Likes
    I knew you cycled, and I agree. When I am out on a long run, my heart rate is about mid range ( when I'm well trained) not labored, easy to converse. when I am training and I am running my heart rate up ( and back down) I am no where in a meditation state. For you I would imagine it would occur on a long "casual ride" day. I cycle for "active recovery" so it is not overly intense, but can last up to 80 miles of easy riding, if I am alone and "day dreaming" I can hit that meditation state…......but that can be dangerous as well when you "zone out"

That 'meditative state' has never happened to me while on the bike. I guess I use cycling as a pipe cleaner to the brain and body. Most of my benefits are physical, yet my brother says he needs to ride to cope with his stressful job. Not me. I have a low-stress job and a good wife, so need for stress reduction.

12. Likes lkapigian liked this post
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 151819202122232425