Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Does an atheist really need an answer? Theists created God in their minds bc they couldn't figure out any other way to answer these questions so basically God exists by default bc there isn't a better answer yet. Atheists don't need an answer they just don't believe there's a magic man in the sky playing sims with our lives.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

2. Likes ksefan liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mallron View Post
    Does an atheist really need an answer? Theists created God in their minds bc they couldn't figure out any other way to answer these questions so basically God exists by default bc there isn't a better answer yet. Atheists don't need an answer they just don't believe there's a magic man in the sky playing sims with our lives.
    If you think Theists needs a God to explain things then what or who would a Theist say created a mountain range - God, Mother Nature or plate tech-tonics? Would they say water cuts a valley or God cuts a valley?

I ask because you seem to know what they think.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    If you think Theists needs a God to explain things then what or who would a Theist say created a mountain range - God, Mother Nature or plate tech-tonics? Would they say water cuts a valley or God cuts a valley?

I ask because you seem to know what they think.
    I always understood that the Christian, and any other religion's, view of science was basically that God created the forces by which nature and physics operate. So there's no real conflict of thought process, there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

5. Likes Pajal liked this post
    Post Likes
    The crackalakin of time bewilders us all........

Anyhow... Know what I always found strange....... I always thought it odd that these religious nuts...... wont take their kids to a doctor or let the kid get an operation..... because they think that its gods will only that the child lives..... Ive seen that play out in person too..... luckily the child was stolen by the momma and other family members and taken to the hospital......

Anyhow... some of these folks give all glory to God.... only thru God is anything possible.... but you try and explain to them that maybe that doctor or hospital is there because God wants it there..... and they will have nothing of it...... God gave em their job... their wonderfull home... their car...... blesses them with their meals...... that they get from the grocery stores with that God given paycheck...... These folks give God credit for everything under the sun.... except doctors and hosptials.... lol
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    I always understood that the Christian, and any other religion's, view of science was basically that God created the forces by which nature and physics operate. So there's no real conflict of thought process, there.
    If God created all of this tens of billions of years ago out of nothing, and He loves humans more than say a tree or a mountain, then why is there absolutely no evidence that He makes adjustments from time to time like to redirect a careening asteroid from hitting a planet and killing all life on it? God could simply wave His hand and save an entire planet, yet astronomers have never observed anything like that.

I do not doubt the existence of God, or should I say the Source which we all came from, I doubt whether He created all this because of the lack of evidence that He even has control over it, let alone that He was able to create it from nothing.

Its evident to me that God, archangels, angels, guardian angles, spirits and even us humans do not have ultimate control over the physical realm. It may be that the cosmos came before the spirit realm. Therefore the universe and physical realm may be more unchangeable than we thought. It is evident that nothing has control over the big picture. It is also evident that God and archangels can put band-aids on things from time to time, but they cannot do major surgery…for some reason.

I would ask that you do not look to the Bible to explain or respond to this post, but look to your observations to respond to it.

Post Likes
    I like the way I heard Ricky Gervais explain on Colbert. If you take all religions and all fiction and destroy all of it. In a thousand years it would no come back as it is today. If you destroy all facts, in a thousand years it would all come back exactly as it is today due to the tests performed to make it fact.

Post Likes
    The god Christians, Jews and Muslims pray to was originally the Canaanite god EL, from which the word IsraEL originates. El had a wife and a bunch of junior gods, one of which was YHWH, originally the weather (or WAR) god which by the way is why the ancient Israelites were so keen on wiping out all the Men, Women and Children of their neighbours, their war god told them it was ok and in fact rebuked them when they failed to kill everyone down the last baby.

All the junior Canaanite gods had a chosen people/city/kingdom, for the Israel and Judas it was YHWY, who by the way also had a wife. YHWY is the basis of modern Jewish and Christian religion and the Israelites are his (meaning the Junior Canaanite god YWHY's) chosen people.

So by now we should see that religion is a load of old tosh and nonsense. That doesn't mean there isn't a creator of course, it just means that most/all religious people are just following a bunch of old fairy tales.

10. Likes ksefan liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ksefan View Post
    I like the way I heard Ricky Gervais explain on Colbert. If you take all religions and all fiction and destroy all of it. In a thousand years it would no come back as it is today. If you destroy all facts, in a thousand years it would all come back exactly as it is today due to the tests performed to make it fact.
    I think it depends on what we consider to be fact. Can something be a fact to an individual and not be a fact to the general population? Example: If several people watched a metal disk fly down out of the sky, land on the ground in front of them, they walked up and touched it, heard a humming sound, smelled say ozone, then watched it rise up and accelerate out of sight in 3-5 seconds. Would it be a fact to them that by using four of their five senses that they experienced an unearthly craft? Or is it only a fact if they can prove it to the rest of the world?

Post Likes
    I think it depends on what we consider to be fact. Can something be a fact to an individual and not be a fact to the general population? Example: If several people watched a metal disk fly down out of the sky, land on the ground in front of them, they walked up and touched it, heard a humming sound, smelled say ozone, then watched it rise up and accelerate out of sight in 3-5 seconds. Would it be a fact to them that by using four of their five senses that they experienced an unearthly craft? Or is it only a fact if they can prove it to the rest of the world?
    Nothing the sensors picked up would indicate an unearthly craft, only that it was a flying craft.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mallron View Post
    The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalms 14:1

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverShaded View Post
    The god Christians, Jews and Muslims pray to was originally the Canaanite god EL, from which the word IsraEL originates. El had a wife and a bunch of junior gods, one of which was YHWH, originally the weather (or WAR) god which by the way is why the ancient Israelites were so keen on wiping out all the Men, Women and Children of their neighbours, their war god told them it was ok and in fact rebuked them when they failed to kill everyone down the last baby.

All the junior Canaanite gods had a chosen people/city/kingdom, for the Israel and Judas it was YHWY, who by the way also had a wife. YHWY is the basis of modern Jewish and Christian religion and the Israelites are his (meaning the Junior Canaanite god YWHY's) chosen people.

So by now we should see that religion is a load of old tosh and nonsense. That doesn't mean there isn't a creator of course, it just means that most/all religious people are just following a bunch of old fairy tales.
    What is the name of your cult?
    The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalms 14:1

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Nothing the sensors picked up would indicate an unearthly craft, only that it was a flying craft.
    Rather than trying to determine its origin as a fact, was it a fact to those witnesses that they saw a craft… in spite of them not being able to prove to the general population that they saw it, touched it, smelled it, and heard it?

Post Likes
    Sure.

Rather than trying to determine its origin as a fact, was it a fact to those witnesses that they saw a craft… in spite of them not being able to prove to the general population that they saw it, touched it, smelled it, and heard it?

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast