Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Not legaly.
    If caught!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    i know the pros all know this:

that means it cannot be used in other systems
    But what if you forget where it came from?

We don't have government employee kind of time to keep track of that sh!t?

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rcstl View Post
    But what if you forget where it came from?

We don't have government employee kind of time to keep track of that sh!t?
    refrigerant taken from a customer's system expected to be reused in another of the same owner's system is to be left onsite. no, it's not an EPA suggestion. This is common sense. the customer owns it. leave it with them and charge them for the recovery container.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Saw a recovery cylinder on a roof a few months ago, and [shamefully] my first thought was: Ooo ooo, a recovery cyclinder, do I need a recovery cylinder? It was rusty and showed signs of being on the roof for quite some time. Then my second thought was, it's not yours, leave it alone.

I never even touched it to see if there was anything in it. Besides, I was there for a no heat call.

refrigerant taken from a customer's system expected to be reused in another of the same owner's system is to be left onsite. no, it's not an EPA suggestion. This is common sense. the customer owns it. leave it with them and charge them for the recovery container.

5. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Saw a recovery cylinder on a roof a few months ago, and [shamefully] my first thought was: Ooo ooo, a recovery cyclinder, do I need a recovery cylinder? It was rusty and showed signs of being on the roof for quite some time. Then my second thought was, it's not yours, leave it alone.

I never even touched it to see if there was anything in it. Besides, I was there for a no heat call.
    That's morals and honesty. I'd have likely picked it up and tested if something was in it. If something, then place in a more concealed/protected area. If nothing, then it's someone else's trash that's now my treasure (to turn in for a newer one )
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    If I get on that roof again, maybe I'll check it out. Ironically, I was on a roof across the street from that building today. And was looking over at it. But completely forgot about that recovery cylinder.

I've got two, maybe three [maybe four, depending on how you count] of the old 30 pounders with the black handles that I use for home use. Just, technically, cannot transport them with any juice in them.

Come to think of it, I've got a couple more of those with the black handles I use for a mini compressed air thingy in my garage. Probably shouldn't ever put anything with much volume or pressure in those.

That's morals and honesty. I'd have likely picked it up and tested if something was in it. If something, then place in a more concealed/protected area. If nothing, then it's someone else's trash that's now my treasure (to turn in for a newer one )

Post Likes
    Not legaly.
    I hear that all the time but I'm waiting for someone to show me the law that says its illegal or what the fine is for mixing refrigerants.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.
    When you appreciate what you have, you have a lot more.

Post Likes
    You must have faith......
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I hear that all the time but I'm waiting for someone to show me the law that says its illegal or what the fine is for mixing refrigerants.

Post Likes
    You must have faith......
    Amen brother
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.
    When you appreciate what you have, you have a lot more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in