Powered Humidifier 700A

Powered Humidifier 700A

I was checking out my pad in my humidifer yesterday, and when I pulled the cover off which I accidently did this while it was running I noticed the fan was blowing away from the pad to the outside of the room and not into the air stream in the return drop as I thought it should be. So my question is this, should the fan be blowing into thru the pad and into the return air or as I found it running which is away from the air stream and out to the room. When I pulled the cover, I also then pulled the fan and housing to look at the connection where the power cord comes into the fan motor which only has 4 connection, 2 from the cord and then 2 off the same circuit bd opposite the 2 incoming connection along with the ground where I swapped both connection to see if this reversed the direction of the fan blade but nothing changed which leads me to believe that the in coming connection makes no difference where they are connected. The only other connection on the circuit bd were 2 or 4 others that went to the control bd, in the furnace and to my Infinity controller which I didn't bother to check out since that is strictly for the stat and would have no effect on the direction of the fan blade. Which way correct for the fan, CCW blowing away from the air stream or CW blowing into the air stream ?

Proper operation. Draws air through the panel and back into the duct work on both sides of the panel. No air is drawn from outside of the duct work into the humidifier.

So since it is blowing away form the air stream is proper, and the sir just recirculates within the humidifers housing and mixes back into the air stream ?

Yes. In through the water panel, the white expanded metal thing, and back out around the side of the panel in the gaps to either side of the panel. I know there is a diagram I just can't find it right now.

No need I understand how it is designed, I was just unsure if this was correct for the fan to be blowing in the direction I noticed when I pulled the cover, I thought the fan should have been blowing into the airstream, but after you mention that it should be blowing away due to the fan not taking in air from outside the HVAC airstream makes sense to me once you mentioned that, I never thought about the fan pulling air form outside for that reason alone. Thank's, Now I feel bettere that it is and has been operating properly.