Post Likes

Bacharach H10 detector

I just got mine and was wondering where you guys go to get accessories and replacement parts. Id like to get the refrigerant leak vile since mine did come with on and its like $50
    HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    NATE's:
    Gas Heat Service/ Installation
    Air-to-Air Heat Pump Service/ Installation
    Air Conditioning Service/ Installation

Post Likes
    do you guys even maintain your detectors? anybody?...
    HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    NATE's:
    Gas Heat Service/ Installation
    Air-to-Air Heat Pump Service/ Installation
    Air Conditioning Service/ Installation

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
    I just got mine and was wondering where you guys go to get accessories and replacement parts. Id like to get the refrigerant leak vile since mine did come with on and its like $50
    The same place you get Model-T parts

Post Likes
    I get my Model T parts at United.

Some people have a bad attitude about the H10, maybe it's because they have been embarassed by one, one too many times.

Nobody has yet given me a concrete reason that the H10 is ineffective. Yes, the technology that it uses is not cutting edge, but it is the most effective leak detector that I have ever used.

I don't care that it isn't infrared. I have dealt with too many defective IR detectors to believe that that is the wave of the future.

Profiler, you made an excellent purchase in the H10. Get the cal bottle, because it is important to proper operation of the machine. Keep a few spare sensor filters and a spare sensor.

Take care of the machine and it will take care of you.

Post Likes
    I have used H-10's for years. I have put them against other units and it has never let me down. I now have the rechargeable H-10. Dont have to carry cords on the roof. I order extra filters, vials, etc. through the wholesaler I bought it from.

Post Likes
    I recently replaced the battery in my H-10. $25 what a deal. Works great and I bought a cigarette lighter adapter at Radio Shack and can charge it in the van when needed. Wonderful tool... Now if only they would make one for R410....

Post Likes
    Just got a new battery for my H-10 and new tips and filters.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanVanKCMO View Post
    I recently replaced the battery in my H-10. $25 what a deal. Works great and I bought a cigarette lighter adapter at Radio Shack and can charge it in the van when needed. Wonderful tool... Now if only they would make one for R410....
    They do! h10-g!

Post Likes

H10 to noisy around customers in supermarkets

I still prefer the YJ Accuprobe since you can put it in silent mode so you don't spook customers in supermarkets like the H10 would (sounds like a gieger counter on a radioactive leak) and also it has 3 sensitivity levels that go from 1-9.

Post Likes
    I simply explain to curious customers that I am looking for refrigerant leaks in order to keep the food that they are buying at a safe temperature.

They all seem OK with it.