Post Likes

Recovery Units - Inficon tech rep say they have no parts for units made prior to 2014

I was considering buying an Inficon 714 202 G1. I see them new on Amazon and at the supply houses.

Yet when I called Inficon, they say they don't support them and have no parts. No doubt some independent shops have parts, but my fear is they could dry up before long.

Curious what others have found, and which brands and models are the safest bets, like the Appion G5 twin, and some of the Robinair units.

Post Likes
    Have had to repair several g5 twins. Excellent customer service. Sent me the parts and instructions on what to do. I don't have any experience with the others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

3. Likes martelh1984 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Anyone used the current model Dayton recovery units sold by Grainger? Curious if they're made by another better known maker?

Post Likes
    If I were buying a new unit now, I'd go with the Yellow Jacket RecoverXLT2-AP it's good for flammable refrigerants. Unless you have a refrigerant analyser, you never know whats lurking in systems now, and it also seems to be heading in that direction, why not be prepared.
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

6. Likes HeatenCoolair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    If I were buying a new unit now, I'd go with the Yellow Jacket RecoverXLT2-AP it's good for flammable refrigerants. Unless you have a refrigerant analyser, you never know whats lurking in systems now, and it also seems to be heading in that direction, why not be prepared.
    The Appion G5Twin is rated for use with A2L refrigerants (mildly flammable, lower limit), such as R32 and R1234yf refrigerants.

No refrigerant recovery machine can truly pump A3 flammable refrigerants safely, due to external factors. However, internal factors that matter include sealed electrical components (to prevent access to sparks), and sufficient airflow to ensure zero accumulation of any leaked gases near the electrical components of the recovery machine.
    Christian Pena - Appion Inc.

For faster evacuation, C.O.F.F.: Clean Oil, Full Flow

Post Likes
    That's cool, I have one and didn't even know that, I really like the unit it's fast, light, compact l never had any problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Appion-ChrisP View Post
    The Appion G5Twin is rated for use with A2L refrigerants (mildly flammable, lower limit), such as R32 and R1234yf refrigerants.

No refrigerant recovery machine can truly pump A3 flammable refrigerants safely, due to external factors. However, internal factors that matter include sealed electrical components (to prevent access to sparks), and sufficient airflow to ensure zero accumulation of any leaked gases near the electrical components of the recovery machine.
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.