Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by doydoy View Post
    No, we are not replacing our furnace. We have steam, radiator heat. The quotes included a variable speed air handler. Can anyone just tell me if a 2 stage is silly for our size home and area of the country (Northeast New Jersey)? I see a lot of them installed in VERY high humidity areas like Florida or Georgia.
    I'll toss this out there for the Pros to comment on: Being that this is an older, two-story home without duct work, wouldn't you be better off with a split ductless system?

Post Likes
    Only if we had big bucks; they are very expensive not to mention REALLY ugly

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_in_PA View Post
    I'll toss this out there for the Pros to comment on: Being that this is an older, two-story home without duct work, wouldn't you be better off with a split ductless system?
    Or gravity registers. They work really well at very low cost.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"
    Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

4. Likes ColeMaude liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12