Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

HVAC Certified Military Veterans

I am not a recruiter nor do I work for a staffing agency!!

I am a 6 year army veteran and I am currently working with an HVAC school for military veterans. Our school trains and places military vets with HVAC companies all over the county. If you are tired of the techs who take short cuts, show up late and are full of bad habits. I would love to introduce you to our school and some of the techs that we have produced. My name is Chance Mustin and you can contact me any time via phone (469-458-7934) or Email (william.mustin@rrcfuture.com). If you are skeptical about this post, you can always google our school (Retail Ready Career Center) and do some research on your own! I look forward to hearing from y'all, Thanks again!

2. Likes SHEBAKESCAKES liked this post
    Post Likes
    Chance

Where are you?

Post Likes
    Im in Garland, Texas. We fly our students in from all over the US to our campus here in Texas. We cater breakfast and lunch, and we also supply the students with an extended stay hotel while they attend our program.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACVeteran View Post
    Im in Garland, Texas. We fly our students in from all over the US to our campus here in Texas. We cater breakfast and lunch, and we also supply the students with an extended stay hotel while they attend our program.
    Can you shed some light on the program you're going through? Is it geared only towards residential? If commercial/industrial can you go into specifics and elaborate on the training you receive? How long is the program?

Post Likes
    Our program has 4,160 square feet of space dedicated to 8 live labs (one rooftop lab) and approximately 5,200 square feet of classroom space. The 10-hours-a-day five-days-a-week six-week program (283 clock hours) is very intensive and is meant as a crash course for those entering the HVAC industry. The fact that we have equipment that is new, somewhat old, and ancient gives the techs a full variety. Techs learn anything from changing outdoor fan motors, install hard kits, disassemble and re-wire a furnace, pull amp draws on motors, check gas pressure, clean flame sensors, change circuit boards & transformers, diagnose and troubleshoot common problems. I could go on and on about the knowledge of the techs after graduation, but that would just take too much time. One thing that we drill into the techs is a skill set we call the "Adrenaline Call Process" which simulates a service call. We harp heavily on increasing your company's bottom line and generating new sales leads to bring new revenue to your company. I have a promotional video about our program, it will give you a tour of our campus lead by one of our lead instructors. I cannot post a link on here, email me at william.mustin@rrcfuture.com and I will share it with you. If you have any questions at all, please let me know!

Post Likes
    Our HVAC Maintenance Techs are EPA Certified. All of our techs are also given the opportunity to be IAQ and NATE certified.

Post Likes
    Chance,

I know of a few Companies that are looking for techs right now in the Austin area.

Do you provide any Data Center HVAC system experience? as in Liebert equipment?

What about Chillers? Variable Air Volume boxes? etc..

Just trying to get a feel for the overall knowledge that they would bring with them.

Post Likes
    The curriculum is geared more towards residential, but the students do work on package units. The students learn the refrigeration cycle while they attend, but they would need continuing education to work on chillers. I have had many students get hired on with Source Refrigeration as a refrigeration tech.

Post Likes
    Great initiative, for me it is not what Schooling a person has that gets me to hire him, it is about what person the person you wan΄t to hire is, everything else is secondary, especially that super CV that non of us know how to write, but the person who hires us has learned it when he was taking a degree on University.
    If you hire a honest, hardworking person, as most vetarans are, you are more than halfway on the road to succes, if you give this person a year with good supervision and let him know what to study he will learn 75 % of the problems he will face already in the first year and then he will even help the new guys as he can remember how it was when he was the greenhorn
    If you hire a lacy person with a better CV then he will not learn that much and he will not help the new greenhorns as he is afraid they will take his job when they have been there for a year..... just my experince so far....
    Last edited by Faroes; 01-15-2017 at 08:29 PM. Reason: missing words

Post Likes
    What a good cause, I learned HVAC in the Military and got EPA certified, so glad I did too. Thanks for helping the vets out!!!

Post Likes
    Bump

Post Likes
    I also did AC&R in the Military. I KNEW SHIP back then,I KNEW NOTHING back then,but, then,I am still learning.

Post Likes
    Good Afternoon everyone, I was just seeing if anyone was still interested in any of our future techs. I know that most contractors and HVAC companies that I work with are ramping up hiring before its too late. We are producing techs every 6 weeks and they are not on the market for long. My candidates are getting offer letters left and right. If you are interested in a great military veteran who has no bad habbits to bring to your company, please notify me via email (william.mustin@rrcfuture. com), Phone (469-307-3324) or comment/message. I am not a staffing agent by any means, I just want my fellow Veterans to find great companies to work for! Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast