Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: UV Lights

Hey Keith how do you like all this West texas wind I brought the DFW area today.

Ive enjoyed this a great deal , i always learn something new here. Regarding uv in water treatment plants , consider this. I have a fish pond , probably around 2000 gallons. I also use a iv light on it. Before i started my pond was cludy at certain times. After i installed it it cleared up.
    I know this is a science , but i still think uv's help in some incalculable way.
    How that can be measured depends on each system.
    I do like the recirculate idea to throughly scrub the air , i would just like a way to make it affordable for the homeowner and profitable for the contractor.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    Hey Keith how do you like all this West texas wind I brought the DFW area today.
    We have no windmills here to take advantage of that I can't believe how strong that wind was! There are fences down all over the neighborhood. You can take it back anyday now

I will be in town till Thursday. We nee d to meet for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    I will be in town till Thursday. We nee d to meet for lunch
    Uh oh, I'm leaving today for Little Rock, AR and will not be back til Thursday. What part of town are you in?

you need not clean the coil regularly, more over at the end of the month you will find a reduced electricity bill, because the load is less when the coils are clean, so use UVC lamps, if you need to know how to place them, where to get them in your region ask me, I have been studying uv( ultraviolet) systems for 18 years.

I would be glad to help any one with technical support- about any thing related to UV (ultraviolet).

rajikoshi - what part of the country are you located?

genesis,

What product do you have for the typical HVAC system 1-5 tons?
    And what are you prices?
    You website does not really tell me this info.
    Or am I not looking in the right places on your website.
    I know you have been posting for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by anacdoctor View Post
    genesis,

What product do you have for the typical HVAC system 1-5 tons?
    And what are you prices?
    You website does not really tell me this info.
    Or am I not looking in the right places on your website.
    I know you have been posting for many years.
    The CU product we manufacture may be used in residential use. Unfortunately we can't post any pricing on this site. In saying that Trane has an exclusive on our product line. We direct all pricing to the nearest Trane rep. Our HVAC in-line products are designed for commercial use. Factory installed has the TCACS logo on it from Trane. If it is a stand alone piece of equipment Trane Global Parts has access to it. Not all locations have acquired stock for their locations but that is coming son. The equipment that is stand alone or field retro fitted has Genesis Air logo on it. If you have any question please fell free to ask online or contact me.

Paul Roberts
    Genesis Air Inc.
    IT/Field Operations

Looking for IAQ help at my home please

I suffer from horrible allergies and living in St Louis, this is the worst it’s been in a long time.

When I installed a new HVAC system in my home 2 ½ years ago, my HVAC guy recommended the Sanuvox R4000 unit and it did seem to work well……….WHEN IT WORKED!!!

I have had 4 units fail, the 1st 2 units were hardwired to my unit’s panel and the 2nd 2 units were “plugged in” to an outlet….without missing a beat, each unit failed to work for any length of time.

My HVAC guys replaced my UVC unit 3 times and then he told me that other customers were having the same problem…..and he was replacing many Sanuvox units all across the city. Installation is not rocket science so that is not the issue here. He finally stopped replacing Sanuvox units due to his out of pocket costs and his distributor finally stopped replacing units due to the # they had to replace. he couldn't afford to keep changing the failed units out labor-wise, even if covered under warranty.

I live in a 1100 SF home, have a 2 ½ ton Goodman HVAC system (14 SEER AC and 93% on the furnace) and would really appreciate your help in finding something that would help clean the air in my home WITHOUT costing me an arm and a leg…..if possible.

Being in the commercial construction business, we have taken salary AND insurance cuts just to keep our jobs!

i have been doing as much on-line research as i can and found this website. My purpose here is NOT to slam Sanuvox....when the unit worked my health WAS better!
    My purpose is to find something that helps me at my home, that i can afford.
    Any advice or help would be appreciated from the residential IAQ professionals on this site.
    thank you!
    Marty

need help with residentail IAQ

sorry, can't seem to post at the end of this forum
    Last edited by Mystang57; 04-19-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: posted twice and in wrong place

mystang,

where are you located? I might be able to help.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Irascible View Post
    -A UV light can sterilize a nearby stationary surface. Most residential systems don't need that because they dry out during the off cycle. The baddies can't grow without sustained moisture.
    -A UV light can't sterilize the moving air stream in an HVAC system. The baddies get less than a second of exposure as they whiz by the light.
    -A UV light can and will require yearly replacement to maintain its output of UV light. The pretty blue hue is obviously not UV. The hue will stay. The UV will not. Your contractor thanks you in advance for the revenue stream.
    -A UV light can also break down any plastic and other petroleum based components nearby. Luckily few people ever deal with that because they don't bother changing the lamps on a yearly basis.
    -Some UV lights can also put off fancy sounding free radicals that supposedly seek and destroy baddies. They also seek and destroy lung tissue. Think ozone machines - once promoted by some as healthful, now regarded for the pollution makers that they are.

I've seen major mold growth at the inlet of a merv 14 filter,attached to the return inlet of an air handler,that's real close to the coil.

UVC at the outlet side of the coil is a good idea for prevention.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast