Thread: Measuring ESP

Measuring ESP

Following the thread "Getting the ESP" and watching the video by HVAC R US 2 I was wondering if anyone could recommend an inexpensive manometer for homeowner use. My curiosity has gotten the best of me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 7474 View Post
    Following the thread "Getting the ESP" and watching the video by HVAC R US 2 I was wondering if anyone could recommend an inexpensive manometer for homeowner use. My curiosity has gotten the best of me.

Thanks
    I use the Dwyer magnehelic gauge. 0-1 wg range.
    To me it is more reliable for ESP measuring compared to the manometer I tried.

Key1
    In the land of the blind.....the man with one eye is king....

The classic analog tool would be a Dwyer Magnahelic with the appropriate pressure range. A couple years ago I priced them at $XX, certainly affordable. A pro would probably require several for different ranges if he had any at all.
    http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Products/P...eName=Ordering

What I ended up buying was a Dwyer Model 25 manometer using red oil of a certain specific gravity. A few of them were 35 years old but unused, out of a laboratory in Mississippi and auctioned on Ebay. Advantage is a wider range of pressure than a Magnahelic, disadvantage the inherent messiness of red dyed oil if you let the thing tip over etc. I kinda like the best of old technology. For an example you could look up item # 360125713050 on Ebay, I find these appear regularly.

Modern tools are digital manometers, very impressive but they cost a bit. Dwyer seems a central manufacturer here as well, though some other brands are said to be good.

Hope this helps -- Pstu

My model number is 2001 in the link from pstu

You can get it through amazon.com but that always cost more (to pay the middle man).

Key1
    In the land of the blind.....the man with one eye is king....

Thanks KEY1CC and PSTU, I appreciate the information.