Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    What brand? How well does it work? I Have 18 Console WSHP and 7 Core WSHP to recover from, for disposal. Also the really stupid thing is they all have to be done outside, after they sit for a couple days, what I get for working with total idiots.

If all you need to do is recover, then there is nothing quicker than what I posted. That is what the tool is used for.

Quote Originally Posted by smilies View Post

I've used these, they are rated up to 7/8" ACR: they suck. Both have snapped on me on 5/8" ACR, at the top neck. Maybe they would do better on soft copper, dunno.

I've used the blu handled ones on smaller diameter soft copper and they work for that, but not rated for ACR.
    So the tool snapped while attached to 5/8" copper? Wow, so the steel tool is weaker than soft copper? I haven't had this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    So the tool snapped while attached to 5/8" copper? Wow, so the steel tool is weaker than soft copper? I haven't had this problem.
    It was ACR pipe. I aligned the tool, set the jaws and slowly clamped down. I repeated that until the tools just snapped. All it did to the pipe was leave an indentation on it.

How do you sweet those taps on? With soft solder or braze? And you can do that with pressure on the system?
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    How do you sweet those taps on? With soft solder or braze? And you can do that with pressure on the system?
    you have to braze them on the system when there is no pressure present. after evacuation and before recharge. say if you're working on a reach in cooler, or an under counter reach in.

look at this page 4 and 5

http://www.cdvalve.com/Catalog%20PDF...0Valve_8D9.pdf

usually braze the access on the proces ports that the factory used to charge the system. or you can braze in where there is a straight piece of copper in the system that you want to access to get pressure readings on page 7

and on page 9 is another type of temporary access. some people leave those in for a permenant access, but like i said before, they always leak

page 12 shows a piercing too that you can use on your 1/4 turn ball valves. that's what i use most of the time

page 18 shows the pliers that the picture has been posted about dunno how smilies broke them things lol i broke a set before, but it's because i didn't get them square on the tubing
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    If your talking about the type that wrap over the line you just remove the piercing tool from the center and sweat it on, doesn't matter if the line is charged or not.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    If your talking about the type that wrap over the line you just remove the piercing tool from the center and sweat it on, doesn't matter if the line is charged or not.

The ones that look like a saddle. I've always been afraid to put a tourch to a line with refrigerant in it. I'll give it a try someday.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

I have sweated on alot of them no problem with pressure in line but to use them for reclaiming only would be alittle pricey dont you think? As for as the vicescript plier thing they are not worth the metal they are made of put a penny and throw them away then you can say you throwed away something just my dealings with them.

I have both the imperial and supco line recovery tools.

With out a doubt, I prefer the imperial. I've recovered refrigerant from thousands of systems with the imperial, and it still works good. Just keep an old thick piece of rubber with it, so you can cut a new seal. I guarantee you will loose the one that comes with it.

The supco tool always seems to pinch the copper. It almost seems like the rubber is to stiff or something. You can adjust the depth of the piercing, but I still have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mike robinson View Post
    I have sweated on alot of them no problem with pressure in line but to use them for reclaiming only would be alittle pricey dont you think? As for as the vicescript plier thing they are not worth the metal they are made of put a penny and throw them away then you can say you throwed away something just my dealings with them.
    pricey?? maybe. but why are you there? and why do you need to reclaim the charge?

because it's brole and the charge or metering device is suspect or effed up

most system these days that don't have schreder access, are critical charge. less than 2lbs.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12