50 TON SPLIT SYSTEM

THIS IS A 50 TON CONDENSER OUR COMPANY JUST FINISHED.THE MCQUAY CONDENSER IS PIPED TOO A PASE AIR HANDLAR.wE ALSO INSTALLED A JOHNSON CONTROLS SYSTEM TO CONTROL SYSTEM.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Quote Originally Posted by lb32g View Post
    THIS IS A 50 TON CONDENSER OUR COMPANY JUST FINISHED.THE MCQUAY CONDENSER IS PIPED TOO A PASE AIR HANDLAR.wE ALSO INSTALLED A JOHNSON CONTROLS SYSTEM TO CONTROL SYSTEM.
    How long was the vacuum with that 6cfm pump?

I HAD A PROMBLEM TRYING TO EVACUATE THE SYSTEM.I was only able to evacuate down to 1000 microns.I triple evacuated and had the pump on over night .I never had this problem before.The system would hold pressure so I new I didn't have a leak.The weather was rainning during the instalation .What else could I have done to reach my goal of 500 microns.

Quote Originally Posted by lb32g View Post
    I HAD A PROMBLEM TRYING TO EVACUATE THE SYSTEM.I was only able to evacuate down to 1000 microns.I triple evacuated and had the pump on over night .I never had this problem before.The system would hold pressure so I new I didn't have a leak.The weather was rainning during the instalation .What else could I have done to reach my goal of 500 microns.
    Since that is a two circuit system, run a small vaccum pump on each. We normally run a 25 cfm on systems 40-80tons. Then we have a 80 cfm for 80-150. We don't really work on anything over that.

Very nice, and very clean. Job well done
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Clean install. What size is the suction line?

Looks good. What kind of facility does it serve?

The suction lines were two and a eighty each.The system was orignaly for a data center for Irs.It was used for humitity control it had a large humtifier in it.The demo crew demoed about 25 libert units.thay were all water cooled as was the pase air handlers condenser.All cooling towes were demoed as well.this system was ducted to the firist floor of a three story bulding.We installed a new 50 ton evaporator coil in to the existing pase air handler and the new air cooled mcquay condenser.Thanks to Larry over at dmg.

McQuay really doesn't make much of an accomodation on the condensers for a clean piping job, do they? You did the best you could with what you had to work with... Looks good.

I probably would have done that vfd a little differently. Looks like that whip is going to be a pain in the @$$ if you ever have to service the drive. The knockouts are on the bottom...

I like the insulation and the ball valves to isolate the drier shells, too.

Everything looks pretty good, though. Nice job!