Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Furnace Fooler

Quote Originally Posted by I'm the creator View Post
    If you are interested in learning more about this product or if you would like to order them please contact me. It was great hearing all of your positive comments. If you guys have any ideas how I could market the Furnace Fooler or places I could sell them through I would appreciate your help.

The fact that Johnstone Supply will be adding the Fooler to their catalog should be a great boost.

How about posting a photo of your counter display with the fooler depressing one of the switches or foolers depressing all of the switches.

Mine am going to J/B weld a small machine nut on the outside so I can run a screw down and adjust to close the Amana blower door switches that are recessed.

How about the RSES Journal
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Thumbs up The Mullenix Tool

I invented a tool that works great at bypassing the interlock switch to test furnaces. It's called The Mullenix Tool. You can get it at Johnstone Supply on the west coast. It's a clip that has the strongest earth magnets on one side to hold onto the furnace while the other side depresses the interlock switch. It really works great and frees your hands.
    Last edited by A-Action Heating; 04-23-2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: forgot something

u better edit your e-mail and phone number out of your post..its agents site rules..other wise half the post would be ads.

Thanks, I guess I should've known that.

The Mullenix Tool

Here is a picture of The Mullenix Tool.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thought I would post an update on the Furnace Fooler that I just discovered.

The Furnace Fooler was being repd by ESP, but apparently the creator of the FF had a falling out with ESP, so he is selling it independently on his own website until he finds a new rep.

You can check out his story and the Furnace Fooler at:

http://furnacefooler.com/Home_Page.php

Twilli loves his
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Thumbs up furnace fooler

A handy tool!Got mine on ebay

Anyone have a good (free) solution for the new-design Yorks?
    1/4" nut driver saves the thumb but you still need to hold it.

The Mullenix Tool

I bought two of them (one for each hand, haha) from Johnstone in Tigard Oregon for about $8 or so each. GREAT IDEA, WELL WORTH IT !!!! I wish I would have had one 30 years ago. So simple, quick & effective. I own Jarrell's AirCare NW in Hillsboro.

Thumbs down

I got one direct from the source and it does not work on many units!!!

also, the magnet came off the T bar within a couple days.

the Mullinex tool may be better, but all the links have poor photos of it in action.

pacnw, just out of curiosity, would you care to elaborate on what units it won't work on for you.

I've only had one unit that even gave me problems, a Consolidated 80% unit, and I still made it work at a funky angle.

As far as the magnet coming off, did you try contacting the guy to see if he would send you another one? Although for ~$10.00 I would probably gorilla glue it back on and not say anything personally.
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

I do not know which ones, I was not keeping track.

The issue was the door switch was too strong, the long round ones I think, and would knock off the Fooler.

I do think there were some that there seemed to be no angle to get decent enough metal to magnet contact and still activate the switch.

And for the cost, regluing would be my solution, too.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast