I Love Rental Properties

Not one of the worst I've ever seen, but definitely up there if you ask me. Saw this beauty on Saturday while on call. They have one system split into 2 zones. Upstairs tennant complains of no heat. Upstairs tennant is a slob, with garbage all over the place. Could not get at the damper, because some genius sealed it up in a wall where no one could find it. I wish I could have taken pictures inside this tennant's apartment, because it was friggin' filthy. Okay, here's some pics:

Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

Did you wipe your feet before you left that house

How did you not get killed with all those service wires next to the condenser???????

THats a Real mess right there.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTIM View Post
    How did you not get killed with all those service wires next to the condenser???????
    Oh, I did not go anywhere near the access panel. If there was a problem, rest assured I would have raised hell with the landlord.
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

I dare u to touch the return drop! The damper appears to be closed. Adamper in the return?

Good eye vern halfway close at least. No filter door or filter in the AHU coil probaly looks like a carpet

Quote Originally Posted by vern249 View Post
    I dare u to touch the return drop! The damper appears to be closed. Adamper in the return?
    That's not a return. That is a supply duct. It does a u-turn from the top and goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chesapeake View Post
    That's not a return. That is a supply duct. It does a u-turn from the top and goes down.
    ouch
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own