Question Honeywell vs Carrier Infinity Zoning

Is one any better than the other - the way the sales guys explain them they are about the same. Would you agree?

The Infinity zoning has more bells and whistles and it generally a nicer setup. It will control the blower better than the Honeywell. If the Honeywell is done correctly, it will work very well as well. Just not as fancy. The main differences are going to be the expense involved between the two. You have to use equipment specifically designed for the Infinity which costs more. You can use any equipment with the Honeywell. The difference between an air handler for Infinity is a lot higher for the equivalent air hander non-Infinity. The condenser does not have to be Infinity, you can match a straight cool condenser with it easily enough and need a special module to make a heat pump work. You also have to purchase specific thermostats for the Infinity which are going to run significantly more than using standard off the shelf thermostats as well as the zone board is more too purchase for the Infinity. If the pricing is not way off, I would go Infinity, if there is a huge difference, I wouldn't go Infinity, its not worth the added expense IMO. It's all marketing and hoopla.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Infinity zoning is better.

Its a modualting zone system.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

By modulating I assume you mean the dampers open/close based upon temps and pressure? Isn't this how they all work?

I too am an INFINITY fan!!
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

By modulate.
    I mean they may open up 25% or 75% during heat/cool calls.

With the Afinity, there will be times when one zone is calling, but it will open other zones X% also.
    1. to keep static pressure down.
    2. to keep from short cycling from one zone being satisfied, and another one start calling 3 minutes later.

Honeywell does have a zone system that will open other dampers to prevent short cycling, but they are either 100% open, or closed.
    Contractor locator map

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Infinity Zoning works only with the 2.5 version ecm motor,others don't.
    It has total control of the motor where others don't ,big plus.

There is no need for a bypass damper.

When you start up an Infinity Zoning system,it will manage the air flow to each zone,so they all reach there set point at the same time.Does the same thing every time a zone calls,checking how much air to send to zones the are just a few hundredths of a degree out of set point.

Sweet System,best I've ever had,in my home and office.

If there is anything out there thats better than the Infinity system, I have'nt seen it yet. This is a case where you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by JscottJ123 View Post
    Is one any better than the other - the way the sales guys explain them they are about the same. Would you agree?
    Infinity zone systems have no equal. For anyone installing a new system with zoning I would not recommend anything else, period.

It seems to be a no brainer

I have to wonder why others have not made similar systems? This method of operation seems pretty logical. I work and build process systems for industry and this seems to be a fairly straight forward design issue. It seems to be a no brainer to build such a system

In my other post on here I explain I've had bids from top Carrier, Lennox and Trane dealers for new systems. I'm still finding it hard to believe that Lennox and Trane are so behind. Even the dealers seems frustrated that the Lennox and Trane equipment gives them few choices to keep up with what Carrier has to offer in the higher end operation.

Thanks for the replys, I guess I'm just going to have to accept that Carrier has the edge right now.

Ask those Lennox and Trane dealers about the Harmony, and the Comfort Link zoning systems.

Not the same as the Afinity, but close.
    Contractor locator map

Carrier for the most part is the industry leader in controls and new technology. For instance 410-A systems.The other brands are working on controls like the infinity but are still aways away. I heard York has a comunicating control in beta testing. When they will have the bugs worked out is another story.The Infinity line of products have been out for I believe six years now.

nothing comes close to an infinity zoning w/410. my opinion!