is the foam insulation going to melt?

I bought a 1958 house with a boiler that has copper pipes in the eves taking the hot water to the upstairs bedrooms for heat. The pipes in the eves had burst before I bought it. I had it repaired. Now it is getting very cold and so I bought the foam insulation at Lowes and crawled through and put it on. The kind with the tape you pull of and seal after covering the copper pipe. The box I pulled the tubes out of said for copper and somthing else. I told my future father in law what i did and he freaked and said it would melt. Do I need to take it off? fran PS I put it on the return pipe too.

Check temperature rating of foam insulation. Some can be used on HW systems with no problem. How hot does the water in pipes get? 140 to 180 degrees?
    Psalm 51:10, 12

I think yer future father in law is freaky or stupid. Read the insulation then report back on it's temp ratings.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

When the plumber fixed the pipe I think he said he set it at 140 or 160 - I just remember him saying he set it so it would not scald me. My kitchen sink is directly below the boiler on the second floor and I can make a cup of hot tea from the tap. Its really hot. fran

Shouldn't the domestic hot water be separate, or at the very least tempered to a safe temperature?
    You can't learn a thing with your mouth open.

Quote Originally Posted by hotntired View Post
    Shouldn't the domestic hot water be separate, or at the very least tempered to a safe temperature?
    it does have its on tstat it is separate

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy2009 View Post
    it does have its on tstat it is separate
    Keep sandin', that didn't make any sense in regards to this thread.
    You can't fix stupid

Bye Bye Wolfie...