Please help - heat pump problem

I have been visited 12 times (I have the invoices to prove) in 2.5 years for my AC/Heat. It's cold here in Tampa, FL and I turned on the heat. The house gets warm but the outside unit turns off at the correct temp and then turns back on and off and on and off again..........

I have visited numerous sites and the two culprits are dirty filter or faulty thermostat. I have a brand new filter and the thermostat is about a year or so old. I found a site that instucts you how to figure if you have a faulty thermostat but it didn't work.

I am really upset and would love it if somone could make a suggestion on what I could do; I am hemorrhaging cash. I have to put it on emergency heat and that is obviously not efficient.

What Brand of unit is this?

Cold?

I would wear shorts all year round in your weather.

You need to find a competent contractor to solve your problem. Ask friends and family.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Quote Originally Posted by a surfr uc View Post
    I have been visited 12 times (I have the invoices to prove) in 2.5 years for my AC/Heat. It's cold here in Tampa, FL and I turned on the heat. The house gets warm but the outside unit turns off at the correct temp and then turns back on and off and on and off again..........

I have visited numerous sites and the two culprits are dirty filter or faulty thermostat. I have a brand new filter and the thermostat is about a year or so old. I found a site that instucts you how to figure if you have a faulty thermostat but it didn't work.

I am really upset and would love it if somone could make a suggestion on what I could do; I am hemorrhaging cash. I have to put it on emergency heat and that is obviously not efficient.
    On and off, on and off. I have a good idea or two of what's wrong, but no DIY is allowed in the public forums. Nor is it likely something you can repair yourself. If you're calling out the cheapest guys in town, then it might be time for a change.

It's a Payne (literally and figuratively ). The thermostat is a Honeywell.

How old is it.

And in any of those 12 visits, did they advise you to get a new system.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Does it have one of those 3M filtcrete filters? If it does try using some thing different.
    Mike

Use nate certified contrater and you have more of a chance of them knowing what they are doing