Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The CleanAir is not only helpful to keep the system clean but also beneficial to the air in your house.

Need full model numbers and sizing information (you want the system sized correctly) to give you the best advice. Which companies did a Manual J load calculation? Which inspected the system as a whole, including ductwork?

A good single-stage system sized right with a variable-speed blower is a good setup to have.

Post model nubers of all equipment, including thermostat.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by cecilt View Post
    Wow, this thread turned intereting. So it seems that a VS air handler is recomended and a 2 stage compressor is not needed for a VS and probably not needed in my application since i live in VA. Besides getting a model # of the outside unit and air handler what else will help you guys help me make an informed decision. My backup heat is electric as well. The Lennox guy recommened the clean air system for $xxx as well. I think this was like buying underbody protection on a car. Not necessary. Thanks
    Yes, we all are in agreement that the variable speed air handler is a worthwhile investment. Being in Virginia, a variable speed indoor blower can be set up for great dehumidification during the cooling season.

Staged systems are only a benefit for comfort factors and never for efficiency advantage.

I am not familiar with the Lennox clean air system other then Lennox's embarrasing advertizements with the "unusually" dressed men portraying allergin, dirt etc. (pretty unsettling to look at if you ask me). That said, it is always a good idea to have Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) products installed according to your needs. I myself would prefer an independently driven HEPA filter if someone in your family has allergies. This type of filtration system cannot impair the air flow of your system as other types of filtration systems can, but is quite expensive.

The variable speed blower also enhances filtration by operating at a lowered speed during times when cooling or heating is not being called for.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Yes, we all are in agreement that the variable speed air handler is a worthwhile investment. Being in Virginia, a variable speed indoor blower can be set up for great dehumidification during the cooling season.

Staged systems are only a benefit for comfort factors and never for efficiency advantage.

I am not familiar with the Lennox clean air system other then Lennox's embarrasing advertizements with the "unusually" dressed men portraying allergin, dirt etc. (pretty unsettling to look at if you ask me). That said, it is always a good idea to have Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) products installed according to your needs. I myself would prefer an independently driven HEPA filter if someone in your family has allergies. This type of filtration system cannot impair the air flow of your system as other types of filtration systems can, but is quite expensive.

The variable speed blower also enhances filtration by operating at a lowered speed during times when cooling or heating is not being called for.
    I too agree with what was posted here. Except the part about the unusaually dressed men protraying allergin, dirt, etc. I have no idea what he's talking about. But I'm sure I can disagree with him on this point.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    the Frigidaire iQ Drive Complete-Comfort System, it's the smartest comfort system available. It does more than just provide the highest efficiency levels available today, it sets the standard with achievements up to 23 SEER.

Do they have this in a HP now???
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    Do they have this in a HP now???

From what I have heard from my Nordyne source it's coming soon, like this year,
    so I am guess it will be within the next 11 months.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

Sersiously ROBO,

Here is the link to the question http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200622

I've been waiting for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    I too agree with what was posted here. Except the part about the unusaually dressed men protraying allergin, dirt, etc. I have no idea what he's talking about. But I'm sure I can disagree with him on this point.
    Despite our conflicts milky, I'm pretty sure you won't be disagreeing with me that these Lennox bad air guys are a little unnerving to manly men; [

I thought Lennox was trying to gain customers?

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Despite our conflicts milky, I'm pretty sure you won't be disagreeing with me that these Lennox bad air guys are a little unnerving to manly men; [

We are in agreement

Quote Originally Posted by Milk man View Post
    We are in agreement
    Yea, I kinda thought this might be common ground

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123