Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,020

    Over 150 million for Obama's Inauguration

    Yes that's right. When Bush had his second inauguration it cost 40 million and our commie loving press screamed at the excessive costs of the inauguration. No criticism now. They are all in love with Obama and have nothing but phrase as do his worshipers around the country and on this forum. It is a coronation not a swearing in ceremony.

    This is a total joke and Obama has done nothing to tone it down. I am not surprised at this. The left is allowed to celebrate and say they are saving the world and when Republicans do anything the commie press leads the charge and all the Republican hating dems join them in round after round of wild charges about wasting money and so on.

    You would think that the Dixie Chicks would be preforming at the inaugural since Bush is no longer the Pres. I thought that Obama would have them sing at one of his ceremonies.

    Oh well I guess those Americans who drink will over do it and the rest will try to fight off the despair at what is happening and will happen to our great country. To much to talk about here just makes you mad at what is about to happen and all at an extravagant charge to boot.

    Bush declares a 'state of emergency' in Washington as cost of Obama's swearing-in ceremony soars to 150 Million


    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...oars-110m.html

    Criticism at Bush's 40 million inaugural cost
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4187023.stm

    Talk about a double standard and "objective" press. Our press (newspapers and Broadcast TV) is 100% left wing Democratic Party supporters. This proves the point.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,168
    I was reading similar earlier. It's just more of the same hypocrisy.


    Hey glennac, I'm going to send you a personal check for 50k just because I like you. And I wont ever come back and ask for anything in return.

    And as side note, did you notice who is the number one contributor? Citibank, who oh by the way is going back for MORE bailout money. Absolute madness!
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yes that's right. When Bush had his second inauguration it cost 40 million and our commie loving press screamed at the excessive costs of the inauguration. No criticism now. They are all in love with Obama and have nothing but phrase as do his worshipers around the country and on this forum. It is a coronation not a swearing in ceremony.

    This is a total joke and Obama has done nothing to tone it down. I am not surprised at this. The left is allowed to celebrate and say they are saving the world and when Republicans do anything the commie press leads the charge and all the Republican hating dems join them in round after round of wild charges about wasting money and so on.

    You would think that the Dixie Chicks would be preforming at the inaugural since Bush is no longer the Pres. I thought that Obama would have them sing at one of his ceremonies.

    Oh well I guess those Americans who drink will over do it and the rest will try to fight off the despair at what is happening and will happen to our great country. To much to talk about here just makes you mad at what is about to happen and all at an extravagant charge to boot.

    Bush declares a 'state of emergency' in Washington as cost of Obama's swearing-in ceremony soars to 150 Million


    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...oars-110m.html

    Criticism at Bush's 40 million inaugural cost
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4187023.stm

    Talk about a double standard and "objective" press. Our press (newspapers and Broadcast TV) is 100% left wing Democratic Party supporters. This proves the point.
    I agree with you glenn $150,000,000 could feed a lot of hungry people.

    or it could fund a war of choice for 10 hours.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    882
    How much are we the taxpayers paying for the war in Iraq monthly?
    KX500......the original big green meanie

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dna View Post
    How much are we the taxpayers paying for the war in Iraq monthly?
    http://theiraqinsider.********.com/2...per-month.html

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,673
    I thought your post title meant that half the country was going to the inauguration. I'll have to go a little easy on the rum.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    882
    Just think how far this country has come.....................not something to be angry about or despair. 150 million of that financial market bailout money was probably spent on some lavish parties, gifts, and just plain theft.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Tx.
    Posts
    15,506
    Quote Originally Posted by dna View Post
    How much are we the taxpayers paying for the war in Iraq monthly?

    Probably enough to keep the terrorist over there so the Messiah will be safe for his inauguration, George pull the troops now!
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein

    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,020
    Quote Originally Posted by dna View Post
    How much are we the taxpayers paying for the war in Iraq monthly?
    Well hell at least it's our war were paying for and not someone else's. I wonder how much Israel's little jaunt into Gaza is costing us in military and forgien not to mention the fact that the price of gas stopped falling and now is slowing rising again thanks to the disturbance caused by Israel.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    882
    yeah................thanks alot, Israel............my gas bill is spiking. No more super unleaded.......back down to regular.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. E. Missouri
    Posts
    9,750
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethe ductman View Post
    I agree with you glenn $150,000,000 could feed a lot of hungry people.

    or it could fund a war of choice for 10 hours.
    Why 'feed a lot of hungry people'? Why not just NOT SPEND IT and put forth a good example?

    Our new Governor here in Missouri tried to had a pot luck instead of the usual Governors ball. Guess what. He was told you can't invite people to come and bring a covered dish because someone may poison everyone or their kitchen may not 'pass muster'. They ended up toning it down to a deal where the meat and meal was provided and guests were encouraged to bring store bought deserts.
    Regardless, in light of the current economy he was trying to fit with the constituency. I certainly appreciated the thought. And I didn't vote for him.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event