Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by viceman View Post
    wow, with these responses no wonder they went under.
    The ones in my area at least were staffed with incompetant, lazy, smart assed people who either were not around to help you unless you were checking out....or couldnt help you....or would offer smart assed no content answers to your questions.

They... the employees shot their own selves in the foot.

There were also some severe mistakes made by management at one time...resulting in the loss of good employees and the souring of the attitudes of those who hung on.....

Anyhow....others in my area feel the same way..... our area circuit cities probably never saw the same customer twice.

200.00 tv back 1999 crap after 95 days 45.00 for a bench test and to send back to maqnufacture to see if they will cover warranty

screw you i just will never shop here again and thier response was so what

ok it might have taken ten years but it caught up to them
    once you think you've seen it all
    (THINK AGAIN)
    I would rather work for free than be look upon as a thief!!!!!

All the big box stores have some issues...no matter what one i step into i tell the sales person, if you mention your special extend warranty and repair thing i am leaving. I have walked out several times at best buy..one the TV was even loaded on a cart and he was pushing it up from for me to purchase when he brought up the damn warranty thing. I walked right out. I have never had a problem with H.H. Gregg or Circuit city if i told them up front.

Well that's a little nutz....

If I'm spending 4 grand on a 57" flatscreen tv, I want a warranty.

The local CC stores close here last November. No major deals. The whole poor management leading to poor customer service.
    Mike

eff circuit city!!!
    I was pricing garmin 780 GPS
    Best Buy 269.00
    Circuit City 599.00!!
    Loser's, I hope their stores burn before they can liquidate!!
    IMHO
    If you cant fix it right, try again.

What, you mean congress isn't giving them billions of dollars to bail their butts out like they've done to everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by maxster View Post
    Liquidation sales starting Saturday morning 1/17/09..... according to the morning news report this morning.you better know you prices if your going in maybe with a Best Buy flyer http://www.circuitcity.com/closed.html
    Maxster, the Wiz still around? Its been 14 years since I moved from Long Island.
    Nobody beats the Wiz!
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

bought a 50 inch samsung plasma from best buy. watched my steelers win a afc championship. worth every penny. bring on the cards.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

I went to our CC yesterday to buy 10 LCD TV's (yes 10..). I asked for a manager and got some guy with no name tag.. I told him I'd take whatever they had 10 of, 40" or larger. The guy actually said "cha-ching" and then grabbed some kid with an ear phone. They only had a 52" Samsung plasma in qty of 10+. Wanted $2099 for it, 10% off sticker. Too bad that was the same price I found in my newspaper flyer that morning at a competitor. They said "our hands are tied, we can't adjust any pricing". I walked out.

They aren't getting a bailout like all of the other incompetent businesses because they don't have a lobbyist throwing money around DC and getting in the pockets of our wonderful politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    All the big box stores have some issues...no matter what one i step into i tell the sales person, if you mention your special extend warranty and repair thing i am leaving. I have walked out several times at best buy..one the TV was even loaded on a cart and he was pushing it up from for me to purchase when he brought up the damn warranty thing. I walked right out. I have never had a problem with H.H. Gregg or Circuit city if i told them up front.
    When they bring up the extended warranty scam they sell I just say "this CC I am using covers it's own purchases......" and they buy it every time and shut up. Never failed to date.

Quote Originally Posted by 2hot2coolme View Post
    If I'm spending 4 grand on a 57" flatscreen tv, I want a warranty.
    Sure but you WANT the warranty. You shouldn't PAY EXTRA for it. You can usually negotiate it in on a purchase that big.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12