Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

circuit city liquidation

circuit city is closing and is supposedly having clearence sales starting tomorrow. there may be some good deals available. new big TV for the superbowl maybe. anyone got any info on this ?
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

If circuit city was giving away 100.00 bills for 4.95 each......I wouldnt step foot inside.

Ive never had a pleasant shopping experience at a circuit city...... the employees are either smart asses or you cant find anyone to help you.

At least around here.......

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    If circuit city was giving away 100.00 bills for 4.95 each......I wouldnt step foot inside.

Ive never had a pleasant shopping experience at a circuit city...... the employees are either smart asses or you cant find anyone to help you.

At least around here.......
    To be honest, if they did that, the bills would be worthless. Like their products....
    "Fighting Ignorance since 1973 (It’s taking longer than we thought)." The Straight Dope.

They let go people with 10-20 years with the company and kept the new people. They can kiss my @ss!

Liquidation sales starting Saturday morning 1/17/09..... according to the morning news report this morning.you better know you prices if your going in maybe with a Best Buy flyer http://www.circuitcity.com/closed.html
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

wow, with these responses no wonder they went under.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

I've had good luck at our CCs. It's Best Buy I hate to go in. Well, we have Frys. That place is amazing.

This same thing already happened in my town(c.c. closing) BEWARE!!!....................

One of my co-workers used to work there and is still friends with the mgt. They told us this....

"Be careful about the big sale,there are some good deals but alot of them only appear to be good deals."Here's why....

This sale is being done by LIQUIDATORS!! They are hired by the company to come in and sell all of their stuff or they buy all of the remaining inventory. In the process, they close the store for a day and do the "closeout" pricing. Items are first marked up and then you are told everything is _ _ % off of regular price.You may save 3 to 5 percent on an item going for 15% off. If you are a regular customer, you will also see stuff in the store that they didn't even sell there before, because the LIQUIDATORS had it left over from the last place that they closed.There will be some good deals....good luck.
    Local 234
    Have Gauge$ Will Travel

ALL SALES FINAL, if you buy that 60" big screen and its dead out of the box you're stuck dealing with the manufacturer...............

they had 7 here out on Long Island closed 4,and the remaining 3 are the final places to walk into to get stuff.

Actually hit the deal sites and few other forums that deal with electronics. The ones they recently closed they marked up the prices of some products 70% then took away 50% and marked them 50% off.

It will be just like when CompUSA shut down, it will be rare to find a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

checked it out this morning.....20% on CDs/DVDs,and the rest of the stuff only 10% first day of liquidation here.

Quote Originally Posted by maxster View Post
    checked it out this morning.....20% on CDs/DVDs,and the rest of the stuff only 10% first day of liquidation here.
    Yep me too.

Really disappointing.. I was hoping it would have been some decent deals

O well kind of sad to see CC closing. I always liked going in that store because I never needed help nor did I want any and they never bugged me lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast