Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I wasn't even sure what a puck lock was, so I searched for it and the second site that came up was a firemans forum. Someone asked how to get into the puck locks and there was about 5 different ways to get into one. The info is out there guys and the bad guys will always be looking for the easy way. We just have to be on the look out constantly.
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.

toptech?

was that a repeated service contract job or first time in customer,and where was the truck(lot,street,garaged,alleyway) parked in relation to your working in the building?just curious....... 2 hours on a job and the truck gets broom sweeped?
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Yep we had a truck stolen, got the truck back cleaned out of course.

Here's the u tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5JDGzYqNY

Unbelievable......after the demo he shows the lock pick tool companies web site and says "have fun"......

What do you reckon the black powder was for in the background?
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

Quote Originally Posted by bb View Post
    On their next video they'll probably show the losers how to build a pipe bomb

Quote Originally Posted by bb View Post
    good eye, never even noticed that. That is some scary stuff...
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.

I give , what's a puck lock ?

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Anyone know if the internal locking bars are worth it?

Not sure since they just steal the whole truck now

Ihave the internal locking bar that the lock goes on the outside ....... doesn't do much good if their is no lock that can't be broke into tho

I have no clue if remote locks are safe

Quote Originally Posted by mikesands View Post
    I give , what's a puck lock ?
    Here's a pick of one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

I took two six inch pieces of angle iron and welded them to the inside of the back door close together and use a long shank lock to keep the back locked up . Drilled a hole in the track of the of the slider door and used another long shank lock to lock it up from thr pasanger side of the cab. Keep all the expensive stuff in a pad locked cabinet inside the truck. They broke both windows out several years ago but gave up probably got scared it was taking to long, didn't lose anything. The bad thing about it is you have to go thru the truck to open the back door, the good thing is it makes me keep the truck clean so I can get thru to the back. As Otto said "you can only slow them down" is right , and thats hat I try and do. If they want the whole truck its gone. I have thought about installing a switch some place hard to find to disable the ignition, my cousin in San Diego has done it on all the vehicles he's owned and never lost one. might be the right time to do it , times are getting tough and that usually brings out all the crooks looking for easy money.
    "Paddle faster, I hear banjo music"

Quote Originally Posted by maxster View Post
    was that a repeated service contract job or first time in customer,and where was the truck(lot,street,garaged,alleyway) parked in relation to your working in the building?just curious....... 2 hours on a job and the truck gets broom sweeped?
    job started @ 3pm. tech on site for gas leak, I get the call @ 6pm that he cant figure it out.
    Arrive at 7:10pm. Just walkin with my new gas leak detector.
    by 9pm it was all over.
    Van was 25 yards out in front of store in parking lot
    If you cant fix it right, try again.

The hockey puck locks look like they are made from the same material mag wheel locks are made of. You could super cool the mag locks with refrigerant, dry ice etc. Then smack them with a hammer and they'd shatter. Lost a whole set of mag wheels like that one real cold night. It took less coolant on a cold night. Since they took the locks with them they probably "bumped" them. and didn't want to leave the evidence behind, plus the locks have a resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawker View Post
    might be the right time to do it , times are getting tough and that usually brings out all the crooks looking for easy money.
    When times were good hacks were buying the stolen tools

I bet it actually is slowing down at least stolen tools and buyers for them

Bet mugging will be going way up for an easy buck though
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    The hockey puck locks look like they are made from the same material mag wheel locks are made of. You could super cool the mag locks with refrigerant, dry ice etc. Then smack them with a hammer and they'd shatter. Lost a whole set of mag wheels like that one real cold night. It took less coolant on a cold night. Since they took the locks with them they probably "bumped" them. and didn't want to leave the evidence behind, plus the locks have a resale value.
    Its easy to remove the mag wheel locks just by drifting a 12 pt socket onto em tight with a hammer and undoing them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast