Thread: Clogged Capillary or condenser?

Post Likes

Clogged Capillary or condenser?

I have a true three door commercial refrigerator. The unit was turned off, when started back up did not cool. The freon leaked out. Once the leak was fixed the system does not take a charge. Low side shows 60 high side stays at 5. Does this mean I am going to have the cappilary tubes replaced or can it be the condenser? The weird thing is that this thing has 2 evaporators, therefore 2 capillary tubes, I figured if one is clogged the other would work?

Thanks.

Post Likes
    Are you sure the high side hose is connected completely?
    You have not provided enough information to determine whether the problem is a cap tube problem, a condenser problem, or something altogether different.
    Also, please be aware that site rules prohibit advice for DIY.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    It's not unusual that a leaker would run hot for months and burn the oil thereby clogging the
    spun dryer and/or cap tubes. Your tech should be able to get right on that. It's one thing to
    fix the leak but you quite often have to clean the system up after a leak.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in