Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes

CLEANOUT DEVICE FOR A/C DRAIN LINES

Simple device to allow access into the drain line without having to cut or pull apart the line. Very well built and inexpensive. Let me know your thoughts.
    https://youtu.be/l6PsgVfbkog

www.allaccessdevice.com

Post Likes
    There are several similar devices on the market already, but none of them have as many clean out options or features as yours at least not that I have seen. I like it.

Presently I use simple pvc unions which are only a couple of dollars each. The are not as slick as your device but they do allow no cutting access to clear a drain with vacuum or pressure. The big question is how much will these sell for? IMO if you can bring them to market for $10 or less then I think that you have a winner.
    -Marty

Post Likes
    Thanks for writing. I have been in the field for over 25 years and that's how all these products came about. First let me say that I wouldn't put out a product to the A/C trade (many of my friends are in the business) that I wouldn't use myself and that includes quality, reliability and price. These devices are definitely in the price range you mentioned and are available at just about every HVAC distributor (not every branch though). Please check it out at your local distributor and if you have any trouble getting a hold of them contact me at sales@msdresearch.net so I can make sure you get them. The new float switches I have now I have changed from my original SS designs because there was a need to make them more reliable. You will see the upgraded features in the videos on www.allaccessdevice.com. I was also able to make them all less expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by m singer View Post
    There are several similar devices on the market already, but none of them have as many clean out options or features as yours at least not that I have seen. I like it.

Presently I use simple pvc unions which are only a couple of dollars each. The are not as slick as your device but they do allow no cutting access to clear a drain with vacuum or pressure. The big question is how much will these sell for? IMO if you can bring them to market for $10 or less then I think that you have a winner.

Post Likes
    just curious, instead of all the parts to go towards the ahu, why not reverse direction of the flapper?

Post Likes
    Great Question! I was originally going to do that but decided against it because being that the device is almost always located close to the AHU I didn't want guys using nitrogen to blow back into the unit. By simply removing the flapper and inserting the included 90 degree adaptor you could vacuum, flush or blow out the line in either direction depending on how you like to do it. Here is a video of 2 fittings I sell (very inexpensive and should last forever) Model AA-TOOLS https://youtu.be/K_uK_Z09keg also look at the Model AA1-FS. This was requested by so many A/C companies that wanted a switch included with the cleanout. The IMC code now allows a float switch in the primary drain line.
    Quote Originally Posted by isuredo View Post
    just curious, instead of all the parts to go towards the ahu, why not reverse direction of the flapper?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by soaker View Post
    Great Question! I was originally going to do that but decided against it because being that the device is almost always located close to the AHU I didn't want guys using nitrogen to blow back into the unit. By simply removing the flapper and inserting the included 90 degree adaptor you could vacuum, flush or blow out the line in either direction depending on how you like to do it. Here is a video of 2 fittings I sell (very inexpensive and should last forever) Model AA-TOOLS https://youtu.be/K_uK_Z09keg also look at the Model AA1-FS. This was requested by so many A/C companies that wanted a switch included with the cleanout. The IMC code now allows a float switch in the primary drain line.
    Check out this video to see how they work. Video

Post Likes
    Very creative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thank you!!

Post Likes
    I saw this hand pump thing on youtube and it was like an over sized tire pump but you could attach it to a drain line out side and one way it would suck all the trash out, and inside an the coil you could pressurize the line to blow it out. I haven't been able to find one yet? I thought is was pretty neat though

Post Likes
    Or you could just use your wet vac and nitro that you already have on your truck.

Post Likes
    I think you are talking about the Mighty Pump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepjones85 View Post
    I saw this hand pump thing on youtube and it was like an over sized tire pump but you could attach it to a drain line out side and one way it would suck all the trash out, and inside an the coil you could pressurize the line to blow it out. I haven't been able to find one yet? I thought is was pretty neat though

Post Likes
    Just wanted to add this to take a look at if you haven't seen it yet. Video https://youtu.be/jbG4J9_Z69U

Post Likes
    Like the design except what if the flapper failed and closed on its own? A manual damper you inserted and removed would be more assuring.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast