Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Today's High -2

Yea, we started at -12. Yesterday was -6 and hardly had any no heats. Today the bottom dropped out. Calls out the wazoo. I even had to work. Started off slow, took 2 hours to figure out there was a sag in the PVC flue in the attic. Doh! Had an installer running service. After 3 hours couldn't figure out what was going on. I came by, tried a new gas valve. Same thing. Called our best tech. Ya got gas he asks? Gee, why no!

Shot below is the new downtown cooling plant. 1 if 3. Really belching out the steam, those towers were going full blast!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

to be honest I some what enjoyed it, dressed well (and the Rockey 1200 gr. boots were the best)I was only really cold when the wind kicked up, and exposed surface of skin had a stinging feeling. the only thing that was really difficult was to strip wire on a carrier roof top to replace a TX . side note my fluke performed good but the leads were so stiff it was really cold.
    NO Brains NO Headaches

baldloonie,
    looks like a mcquay rps 070 with o.d.a. dampers wide open.LOL!!!!!!
    I cannot find my pic but the similarities are scary.
    NO Brains NO Headaches

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Doubt it. Slacker.
    I can show you the calluses to prove it...they're in the same place yours are

We started to get a lot of calls today. I'll be working tomorrow morning on a roof in Waukegan and see where I go from there. I know there's also a unit heater downtown but, that may wait until Monday.

Supposed to be freezing drizzle tomorrow so I hope they're wrong. I can take the cold, the heat, even the snow. I hate rain and freezing rain is the worst kind.
    R2B4BTU

Thumbs down

Not to far north of me yesterday it was -41 below in Pollock, South Dakota! That was air temp not wind chill. It was only -21 below where I am. Today we got up to about 7 above. felt like a heat wave.
    ccnova

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123