Two wires short on an outdoor heatpump unit, any ideas to wire?

An outdoor heatpump condensing unit requires a R,Y,C,O,W2. Client originally has an electric heat air handler with an outdoor ac. Now has an indoor air handler with heat strips and an outdoor heatpump condensing unit. The outdoor ac only had 3 wires and now has a heatpump requiring 5 wires. Now way to run new low voltage wiring. Installer wired only C,O,Y. Will work except when defrost is needed. Any brains out there, to resolve this clients issue? Help!

Plenty of experience here but threads of this nature can not be answered in the open forum. If your a pro in the industry read the requirements to venture into the pro areas and apply.

X2

X3.
    sorry cant help if we wanted to read the site rules before posting...
    but in any event if its not working (which you said its not) call the intalling company and tell them to send a service tech out. he should be able to get it running....
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

X4...................

Oh, yeah..............have the installing tech pull a new wire. It can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by phbsales View Post
    X4...................

Oh, yeah..............have the installing tech pull a new wire. It can be done.
    but what wires go where is the real question.
    does yellow always go to Y and blue always go to B????

WTF what air conditioner has 5 wires???
    than i really get confused when the have them ODTS... AHHHHH
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    but what wires go where is the real question.
    does yellow always go to Y and blue always go to B????

WTF what air conditioner has 5 wires???
    than i really get confused when the have them ODTS... AHHHHH
    That's why we get paid the big bucks.................

I have always installed at least 5 wire to the condenser. You never know when you'll need 'em.

I tell people all the time, anything can be done the key is are you willing to pay for it.

Time and $$ if u got the $$ companies got the time to get a new wire run

Like people have said..form rules and all that..but if u got 3 wires and need 5.....I dont carry magic wand in my truck to make 3 rabbits 5.......only way to get 5 wires is to get 2 more out to the unit.

But ?????? comes running into my mind...is who installed this puppy..."and now has a heatpump requiring 5 wires." when I do a change out I generaly run new copper line set AND T-stat wire......ID say off top of my head...call comapny that did install and go yo homie you forgot to do something.

Pascone10 on a Maytag 2 stage Blue is Y2....and dont forget rheems purple wire and dont even get me started on Carrier infinity..Maytag IQ drives...and other super high seer stuff.... I just hook up wires as the force moves me and pray....let smoke out and repeat untill I get it right by pure luck
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Quote Originally Posted by doglips View Post
    ... I just hook up wires as the force moves me
    i have only been doing service work for 9 years and have felt "the force" several times...Is it intuition, a educated guess or are your hands being guided by the HVAC gods? First couple of times i tried to fight it "that cant be right" but now i let my hands do the work. Is this a normal feeling? (sorry for changing the subject)

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    but now i let my hands do the work. Is this a normal feeling? (sorry for changing the subject)

I once let the force (lazyness) move me to wire I disconnect without makeing sure breaker was off....,,,,the feeling I got in my hands was not normal..but it was powerfull

I got to admit sometimes I look at my wireing and go...hummmmm looks right...but not right...then realize I've wired something goofy or forgot the safty float switch.....
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"