Thread: Carrier Weathermaker Blower will only run in heat mode

Post Likes

Carrier Weathermaker Blower will only run in heat mode

Blower fan wont recirculate air, but WILL on heat mode-

I have new home with a Carrier Weathermaker (58SXA100-JG)...
    When I moved in recently I turned my thermostat to cool mode (although we dont have central air yet) and the furnace began circulating air throughout the house nicely. I noticed the other day that it had stopped, and found that it would not turn on no matter what I did. Switching to winter mode and turning the heat up, it fires up and the fan blows nicely throughout the house.

Doing a little bit of due diligence, I found out that if I disconnect one of the wires from the limit switch, the fan/blower will turn on. So I know it runs.

Upon further investigation, I found a small mouse had gotten into the circuit board and got fried... The circuit board only has a slight discoloration but I'm wondering if this might be the reason for the blower to work on heat mode, but not on 'cool' mode. I bought a basic Honeywell thermostat that I'm going to try tonight but feel like that likely wont be the problem.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    Why change the thermostat if your not sure that the problem?
    Just in case you missed the banner, we cannot provide instruction on repairing your system.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in