+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quality Work

Post Likes

Quality Work

Complaint - house doesn't cool. And all this other stuff.

Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Cardboard panning, tape falling off, no proper flex support, runs too long, no filter rack...

The condenser was just about empty. One duct run has ZERO flow. It's 85 feet long. Starts as 6" flex that twists and turns, converts to 3x6" oval wall duct, then back to flex, then to 6" steel...

This guy charges 3X what I do. I'd tell you who the hack is... but he's related by marriage
    Nest is POO!!

3. Likes shavedneon, HeatenCoolair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Git r done
    UA Proud

"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything." Homer Simpson

5. Likes HellGato liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I like the red to blue pex. Is it hot? Is it cold? Nobody knows!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    he corrected it where it goes up though the floor guessing he did not have enough to make the entire run in the proper color piping?

Post Likes
    Was he responsible for all the gas line also or was it existing. All I have to say is wow.

Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Flex was never intended to be a stand alone duct system. Whenever I witness a contractor at a supply house picking up boxes and boxes of flex, and only start collars and register boots, I need to restrain myself.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JohninJoliet View Post
    Flex was never intended to be a stand alone duct system. Whenever I witness a contractor at a supply house picking up boxes and boxes of flex, and only start collars and register boots, I need to restrain myself.
    When I go to the supply house normally the only thing I gonna need is flex and start collars and such.. my supply and return plenums or related trunks I have fabricated at another location that does my sheet metal.

However if I do ductboard I may be picking some that up there too to fabricate.

but I understand what you mean... a lot of pure flex ductapusses out there..
    "I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid." - John Gotti

“Always shoot first . . . that way they know you’re armed!” - Orrin Porter Rockwell

"Individuals and entities performing contracting work illegally and without a license place the public at risk and effectively steal millions from Arizona's hardworking, law-abiding contractors and their employees," - Jeff Fleetham, director of the Arizona Registrar of Contractors.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post

Come on BALloyd, that's homemade temperature mixing...
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Helpful Calcs, tips, tricks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm...TUTAdKmqRiTDEg

12. Likes BALloyd liked this post.
    Post Likes
    No one picked up on what appears to be a 7/8" service valve crimped down to 3/4" suction line set?

CT

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JohninJoliet View Post
    It can be if it's INSTALLED PROPERLY... LOL

15. Likes HellGato liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post

Its warm.... ish
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Jonathan Lawson 2024

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nsula_country View Post
    No one picked up on what appears to be a 7/8" service valve crimped down to 3/4" suction line set?

CT
    I seen that first but I also see that more than not in the field already.. not everyone will go down to the truck for a correct fitting I suppose.. mainly if the thing leaks or not.
    "I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid." - John Gotti

“Always shoot first . . . that way they know you’re armed!” - Orrin Porter Rockwell

"Individuals and entities performing contracting work illegally and without a license place the public at risk and effectively steal millions from Arizona's hardworking, law-abiding contractors and their employees," - Jeff Fleetham, director of the Arizona Registrar of Contractors.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HellGato View Post
    I seen that first but I also see that more than not in the field already.. not everyone will go down to the truck for a correct fitting I suppose.. mainly if the thing leaks or not.
    If it has a 7/8" service valve... It probably needs a 7/8" line set... At least that is what the OEM engineered to be used!

CT

Post Likes
    I love the practise of using 2 csst fittings and a coupling to a couple together 2 lengths... He did it twice instead of the much cheaper option of using 6' of hard pipe... Which he did do on ONE of the runs that were short. Guess this was shop cleaning day?

What's wrong with using thermopan for the panning that's what it's intended for.

Post Likes
    He was responsible for EVERYTHING. It was a new build last year...
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevejoe11 View Post
    What's wrong with using thermopan for the panning that's what it's intended for.
    It's hacky and none of the tape that seals it is still sticking to it.
    Nest is POO!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in