Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by selfemployed View Post
    Think I'll check to see if the stores are out of bread and milk yet
    I know my local hardware store is out of snowblowers and running low on salt and shovels. I've got a spare snowblower in my attic. Maybe I should tune it up and auction it to the highest bidder.

How do you get a snowblower in your attic?
    Customer: "I have a problem with my (Non-Descript Heating Appliance). It's really old (somewhere from 3 to 120 Years?) and it used to make a (insert noise here) and now it makes a (insert new noise here). Is that common with (Non-Descript Heating Appliance)'s ? "

Quote Originally Posted by beckmech View Post
    How do you get a snowblower in your attic?
    Its a toro s-200. weighs about 20 pounds. also the attic is above my garage and has stairs. I got 2 of them off the side of the road a few years back. They had rope cought in the spinning part, jamming it up. unwrapped the rope, cleaned the carbs, and they both worked fine. Sold one right away to a friend, threw the other one in the attic.

Had -31* below this morning and they are saying poosible 8 to 10 degrees colder tonight.

Northeast Missouri -8º this a.m. Expect colder tonight...thinkin of movin to Arizona.

Wait a minute. Naw, too hot there.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I am running at design temps, and it's -24˚ outside now.

My furnace is about 6k oversized (Can't get it smaller than 60k) so I'm guessing -30˚ is where it may be at for 2nd stage to stay on.. Humidifier been off,(Frost guard) and it was 23% yikes.. I bump frost guard up to get the dryness out, and wow the windows frosted up quick!

Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    I am running at design temps, and it's -24˚ outside now.

My furnace is about 6k oversized (Can't get it smaller than 60k) so I'm guessing -30˚ is where it may be at for 2nd stage to stay on.. Humidifier been off,(Frost guard) and it was 23% yikes.. I bump frost guard up to get the dryness out, and wow the windows frosted up quick!

Hey Mayguy, here is a dumb question ... -24 to -30 do you or can you feel the difference if you are outside for say ten minutes? I have not been in outside cold like that. I have worked in -40 freezers so I know how much that sucks.

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

My 5 ton Geocomfort Geothermal heat pump kept the inside at a cozy 70 degrees, outside was brr -7.5 at 9:00am this makes a new and interesting bench mark for our new heating system.

We set a new record last night in Aberdeen, -41... I can't believe that didn't freeze hell over!

It was -38 this morning when I was out, now it's a balmy -14 and it actually does feel semi warm!

I will say this, being outside in the super cold weather like that is a whole new experience. I've been out in the -20 stuff quite a bit, but that extra 15-20 degree's of cold sure is noticeable. Cant' breath through your nose very long before your nose hairs turn into icicles, had a tough time breathing through my mouth very long too, the cold actually kinda made my teeth hurt.

It's supposed to be in the mid to high 40's tomorrow when i get home, a 80 degree temp swing should really screw up my body... shorts and t-shirt time!
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    Hey Mayguy, here is a dumb question ... -24 to -30 do you or can you feel the difference if you are outside for say ten minutes?
    At that temps you better be bundled up! Skin can freeze in 10 mins at temps. But yeah, you can feel it being colder. I think that temps is colder than in the freezer (if the fan is not blowing on you)

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

-20*F Now. Well past design. Supposed to warm to -9 tomorrow. Can't wait.
    Customer: "I have a problem with my (Non-Descript Heating Appliance). It's really old (somewhere from 3 to 120 Years?) and it used to make a (insert noise here) and now it makes a (insert new noise here). Is that common with (Non-Descript Heating Appliance)'s ? "

Yeah, design is -7F around here... s'bin -25F in the mornings for a couple of days now.

Most of my direct MUAs are 80 to 100F design rise. Getting real tight with the happy factor
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast