Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Design temps were at -10, then was changed to 0...it's -17 this morning. I think I'm gonna start selling oversized 2-stage systems from now on....

My system runs for about 50 minutes then off for 6 minutes with setting of 68, inside the
    room its 70, outside its 8.6 deg F, the design is guareenteed for -2 deg F and 72 inside
    I am getting 85 degs at the farthest register.

we were below design for a couple of days and i'm happy to say that i did not recieve any calls of insufficent heating....didn't want to say anything in fear of jinxing that fact.,...LOL.

guess i will pop my thread cherry on this one. We had a few issues (-10 high last week, norther IN) Found out that the Fredric (spelling) units we use to cool server rooms are only designed to go to 15 deg..then they shut down totally. The manufacture told us "yes they work in low ambient" to us that means 0 deg. Had to relocate temp sensor next to some false heat inside the unit. Anyone else have issues with this brand of mini-split system? I think they are European, i had to buy a special adapter from Fredric to make my gauge hoses fit ..all the supply houses where like WTF is that. by the way Granger was the supplier of the units

We were below 0 the last few nights. I know my installs were runnning very hard since i do not over size.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Had 2 calls for furnace not shutting off Got there, checked units over(newer units, not serviced for a couple yrs) cleaned burners, checked pressures, ect.

Went up and told them all is good with the furnace, it is doing as designed, we were -7 our design temp 2 nights in a row, day time barely above. Good week for service
    You can't fix stupid

cmajerus- where in the MN are you located. I remember the great controversy back when they lowered the design temp officially from -20/70 to -15/70 here in the Twin Cities. But where is design temp -7? How far south are you? I know up in Northern MN, guys I know still size to -25 or -30 and its been colder then that up there.
    Warning: Just because I am over the head injury doesn't mean I'm normal!

The day I stop learning.... I'm dead!

Quote Originally Posted by cmajerus View Post
    Had 2 calls for furnace not shutting off Got there, checked units over(newer units, not serviced for a couple yrs) cleaned burners, checked pressures, ect.

Went up and told them all is good with the furnace, it is doing as designed, we were -7 our design temp 2 nights in a row, day time barely above. Good week for service
    Were these two stage or single stage? I know mine is oversized for this 1,300 sq ft home, and 2nd stage hasn't cycles on steady, just on and off here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper View Post
    cmajerus- where in the MN are you located.
    He's in Lake City. About 20 miles south of Red Wing along the Mississippi River.

Thanks Mayguy!
    Warning: Just because I am over the head injury doesn't mean I'm normal!

The day I stop learning.... I'm dead!

sorry, that does read wrong I meant that we were 7 degrees below our design temp
    You can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    Were these two stage or single stage? I know mine is oversized for this 1,300 sq ft home, and 2nd stage hasn't cycles on steady, just on and off here and there.

He's in Lake City. About 20 miles south of Red Wing along the Mississippi River.
    Both were single stage, the one was ours, I know it is the right size, the stat was in a room that was closed off from the rest of the house and the register was only part way open, (north side of the house) so that probably was most of the issue there.

And the other was a GOODman that came from a home warranty deal, must have asked them the Sq. Ft. and sent them one from the cheat sheet load calc program Probably border line too small, but was only 1 degree lower than set point at the worst, so might have gone with the same if we had done a calc on that one. Actually I don't think we even installed that one, but have serviced it since it was installed.
    You can't fix stupid

Mine cycled onto 2nd stage once or twice, but not for long, I only needed a 40K but could not get the XV in that, so had to put in a 60K, I don't think it has ever hit 2nd until this last week
    You can't fix stupid

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234