Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Anyone else approaching Design Temperature Tonight?

Design Temp is -5*F in this part of upstate NY. That's the low tonight. Tomorrow night calls for ... -17*F! Woohoo! Warms up Friday night to -3*F

Thursday Day does have a high of 9. So that will be nice.

So who else is approaching/exceeding Design temp this week?
    Last edited by beckmech; 01-14-2009 at 08:46 AM.
    Customer: "I have a problem with my (Non-Descript Heating Appliance). It's really old (somewhere from 3 to 120 Years?) and it used to make a (insert noise here) and now it makes a (insert new noise here). Is that common with (Non-Descript Heating Appliance)'s ? "

I use a 6 degree WDT....and yes, we will be going below that. They may cycle a little more often, but Im not expecting any issues with maintaining an indoor temp of 70 degrees.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

below design right now, depends though some say 5 is design others say 0 , we're at 2 at the moment.

Got down to 35º in Denver last night. We had our -19º right before Christmas.

i have had -10 a couple times and 0 alot. the wind chill today is supposed to be around -24. i hope my piece of s!$t lochinvar holds up for the next couple of days. we are temps they say we have not seen in 15 years.

We hit 0 degrees this morning, no problems noted. Thermostat set to 68
    space load 49311 btu/hr GeoAir 47,445 BTU/hr at 2deg , 1500sqft, ceilings rated
    U.07915, the sides and windows have been upgraded so am not sure of their ratings, my design studio report shows support to -18 degrees, I have not seen
    it that low in many many years and the ASHRAE report used for designing our
    geo only shows 1 hour in the past 20 yrs, this is for Grand Rapids, Mi. My design report shows that we lose 6277 BTH/h at -3F
    Our system is designed so that emergency heat will only come on with owners setting of the thermostat to emergency heat, otherwise with the lower temps
    it runs at half power and cylcles with 6 min off but runs at 100% at temps below 17 degrees. So far our system has tracked the design specs very well and most areas are at 70F degs.

I've traveled to the great city of Aberdeen SD for the week.
    Tonight's low is supposed to be -30, right now it's around -15, supposed to get to -8 though...heat wave!

Wonder if they'd be mad if I left my van running all night? lol
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

It's -10* right now and supposed to be -30* tonight, but the phone is ringing better

The ASHRAE 99% design temp for my area is 43ºF which is what is forecast as a low for the next four days.

I may even get to see my heat pump actually go through a defrost cycle.

I probably am (furnace is firing more and more), but I'm still trying to figure out what my design temp is!

--Dan

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    The ASHRAE 99% design temp for my area is 43ºF which is what is forecast as a low for the next four days.

Must be rough

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post

Quick, get your extra blankets out.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I think we're near ours. It's 4*F here. I think DT in Des Moines is-5 . Anyone know?

But I do know that we're heading toward -17 tonight, and then some wind--or else it would get even colder.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast