Glenn this one's for you

Here is the link?
    Glenn, I'm just in disbelief at the new ways our so-called enlightened media can insist that our country join the 7th century.

Is anyone seeing a bigger picture in this article than the typical "amerikkka sucks, any other backwater'll do" mentality?
    Or is something just being taken out of context?

I mean, you're talking to the Constitution-only mandated, voted for Dr. No in the caucuses (yes, I'm from there!), most non-Keynesian and most Austrian economics-believing person ...

So do we need economics lessons from a system of governance that would prefer dominance over the likes of Americans?

What I don't understand is how the bank doesn't believe in using compound interest in transactions (per page 1 of the article), yet is federally insured in a country that is sold out to the concept of compound interest.

And I'll take my leave after posting this quote near the end of the article...and doing so with indignation--
    Sharia banking is an idea "that is long overdue in this country," said Amal Berry-Brown, vice president at Comerica, a Dallas regional bank that has talked with Ranzini. "At the same time, there really is quite a bit of work to be done."
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

There is a problem with Sharia Law. Islamic Law DEMANDS a completely separate system [WITHIN the United States Judicial system.

England passed a Sharia Law last year and they have been struggling with the decision ever since.

It's my understanding if you go through a Islamic financial institution and the party defaults on the loan you must go through Sharia courts to get satisfaction. You CAN NOT file suite in a community/county/state court.
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

I canceled my citigroup card last month after 20 years with them because they took bailout money after buying up nearly the entire banking industry in S. America. After reading that article I feel even more justified.

This train just seem to keep gaining momentum every day.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Well one thing is for sure, you don't want to have any dealings with that bank unless you are a Muslim in good standing with the ones who run it. I'm sure they will find a way to do you in if not.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well one thing is for sure, you don't want to have any dealings with that bank unless you are a Muslim in good standing with the ones who run it. I'm sure they will find a way to do you in if not.
    It's a shame that John Howard doesn't work for the banking industry. Remember how he told radicals to stay out of Australia? "Hey radicals, stay out of the banking industry unless you want to assimilate to compound interest bearing accounts.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!