Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Have to say I feel a little stupid trying to get 15 posts. I'm also a student, not a heck of a lot to contribute... yet. Although this is one more post done!
    This is a place for learning and sharing ideas. Asking well thought out questions helps everybody learn.

Good luck in school and welcome.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Quote Originally Posted by ICanStopATrane View Post
    I just applied. I hope I don't get turned down because I included my student information as well as my program information and contacts.

Do you know if they delete this information once membership status has been decided, because that is pretty personal information.
    All information from all applicants is deleted once status has been determined. The last thing we on the Membership Committee need is a bunch of information laying around cluttering up the Membership Committee's already massive list of applicants status. We keep nothing, and no information goes outside of the Membership Committee mailbox.

This was a good subject to bring up so future applicants can feel secure in letting the Membership know as much as will help them make a decision.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    Have to say I feel a little stupid trying to get 15 posts. I'm also a student, not a heck of a lot to contribute... yet. Although this is one more post done!
    Don't feel stupid. You'd be surprised at how much can be told just by members bs'ing on threads about non-HVAC related things. The posts are mostly for new members to get used to the site and for current members to get to know new members a bit.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Send Twili some money,it will help expedite the process......JK....

Hold on a minute, you mean Twilli shouldn't be selling that stuff to the Nigerians
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

twilly is part blood hound that has a cold!!!LOL
    NO Brains NO Headaches

Quote Originally Posted by ICanStopATrane View Post
    I don't understand though...what does having 15 posts have to do with being accepted? They don't state that the posts need to be relevant to anything so I could just go into one of the non-hvac threads and post a bunch of stuff. If your knowledge is limited but you actually are pursuing a career in the field and you're not just some DIY'er and can prove it, shouldn't that be good enough?

We are just getting into heat loads and our first big assignment for this unit is doing the heat load calculations for our classroom if we wanted to retrofit it into a cold room. What size evaporator(s) and condenser we'd need. The theory is starting to get a bit trickier but it's also getting more interesting.
    15 posts and he is bit%$ing already. he'll fit right in here.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12